Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Auto CLI from AMEX?

Does anyone know if AMEX is giving out auto CLI?  I have a Blue Cash card that was slashed last summer to $500.  I have continued to use the card but I refuse to take a hard inquiry for a CLI.  However, since the slash I was approved for an AMEX Costco card. 
Regular Contributor
y0rascal

Re: Auto CLI from AMEX?

[ Edited ]
dont count on it, im still waiting for one also... my  amex blue is the lowest limit card  i have, BOA 12k, Penfed 10k, discover 9.6k, citi bank 9.6k, what gives? my amex blue limit is 1k....
Message Edited by y0rascal on 09-03-2009 06:38 AM
Regular Contributor
Kay_Cee

I got an auto CLI from Amex about 15 months after I opened the Costco True Rewards card back in 2006 and when I requested an increase to $7,500 from $5,300 in July of this year on their website it was approved immediately.  FWIW.....
Regular Contributor
itsjustmeibe

AMEX does soft for cli. I too had my limit slashed and when I apply for an increase, I get a letter saying no, because you had your limit decreased recently. It's been almost a yr since the decrease.
Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

You can expect AUTO Credit Line decrease from AMEX but never Increase. That's AMEX and you should know it by now!
Valued Member
DieselAmy

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I was reviewing credit reports from this past January and they show my Amex limit as $5500.  I guess I must have not noticed getting a CLI!

----

I've never had an auto CLI nor have I ever requested CLI from Amex (Blue/originally apped for Costco use) since opening it in 2005.  I just did the online request and went from $10k to $14k as I requested.  One of my four total cards is being discontinued so I'm looking to replace that $11k in credit in other places.  I RARELY use my Amex, really just for Costco and it's been about six months--time to use again.

Message Edited by DieselAmy on 09-08-2009 08:04 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+