cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avianca - 2 new Visas. GP and won! 25K! Woot!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avianca - 2 new Visas. GP and won! 25K! Woot!

Hahaha Woodyman. I jumped on all those trains except the duck card but only because I wasn't around then 😂😂
Message 31 of 46
mdd0214
Contributor

For anyone considering this card, it sounds like a few of the major carriers are making offers to acquire the airline, which is not in great financial shape. No idea how that would play out for rewards but thought it should be factored in before applying and meeting minimum spend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/business/dealbook/as-avianca-weighs-bids-hedge-fund-plays-unusual-...

Message 32 of 46
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

I read on Reddit if you select "salary" instead of "other" or similar choices, it doesn't ask you to submit all of this extra POI.

Don't know how legit that statement is though. I haven't tested it myself.

I actually applied with "salaried" and was promoted for the pay stubs and employment verification letter. I called in yesterday and they said there's no way around it in my case. So I uploaded everything. 

Message 33 of 46
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I read on Reddit if you select "salary" instead of "other" or similar choices, it doesn't ask you to submit all of this extra POI.

Don't know how legit that statement is though. I haven't tested it myself.

I actually applied with "salaried" and was promoted for the pay stubs and employment verification letter. I called in yesterday and they said there's no way around it in my case. So I uploaded everything. 

OK thanks for the info. Not an exact science I suppose. 

Message 34 of 46
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Avianca - 2 new Visas

My app still says "approved, subject to" paystub, W2 and employment verification.  Hopefully it changes to "booked".  Curious if anyone has applied for both cards?

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here B. Applied 12/5, uploaded all documents on 12/6 and it still says approved subject to
Message 36 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

What the heck is empoyment verification letter anyways?  Something you gotta get from HR stating that you are employed by said employer?  Usually what I think of is an offer letter when offered a job, but that isnt that case if you been with a company 5-10+ years.  Kinda silly if you can show current w-2's and paystubs, etc isnt that basically the same?  Curious on that one.

Message 37 of 46
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What the heck is empoyment verification letter anyways?  Something you gotta get from HR stating that you are employed by said employer?  Usually what I think of is an offer letter when offered a job, but that isnt that case if you been with a company 5-10+ years.  Kinda silly if you can show current w-2's and paystubs, etc isnt that basically the same?  Curious on that one.

I've had to do that with a couple of CU's.

What's so great about this card? What's 60k miles equivalent to.. $600 or a great flight or something?

Message 38 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What's so great about this card? What's 60k miles equivalent to.. $600 or a great flight or something?

Nothing IMO is good about card about 600ish as you said in airline credit, but  most flights have about a 150 surcharge.  Just big limits is all.. I am not going for it.

My question was what is employment verification?  Is it something you gotta get from HR?  As I surely if I wanted to go for the CC, although not going to and was asked that is that my offer letter that I have no clue where it is from 5+ years ago?  Just silly request.  I can understand they want you to be employed, just never heard of that term before with any lenders.  Paystub/W-2's you think would be the same thing?  More just a question what the heck is it?

Message 39 of 46
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nothing IMO is good about card about 600ish as you said in airline credit, but  most flights have about a 150 surcharge.  Just big limits is all.. I am not going for it.

My question was what is employment verification?  Is it something you gotta get from HR?  As I surely if I wanted to go for the CC, although not going to and was asked that is that my offer letter that I have no clue where it is from 5+ years ago?  Just silly request.  I can understand they want you to be employed, just never heard of that term before with any lenders.  Paystub/W-2's you think would be the same thing?  More just a question what the heck is it?

I just had my HR department draft a letter stating when I was hired and my current status with the job. If they wanted financials, I asked them to include that in the letter.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.