cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding interest and Free Balance transfers.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avoiding interest and Free Balance transfers.

Just some things Ive learned over the last few years.

Avoiding Interest.

I simply keep moving my balances around as much as possible every month if I have an balance carrying over from month to month.

I pay everything with my CC's, then use cash to pay any card that had a balance at the beginning of the month, then charge anything new on a different card.

Even tho we use our cards a LOT I doubt we've paid more than $25 in interest over the last 4 years.

Balance Transfers.

If I have, for instance, a $2500 balance on one card that I want to move to another card I simply charge everything during the month to the card I want to tranfer TO, then use all my available cash to pay off the card I want to move the balance FROM.

If your funds arent enough to do it all in one month just spread it out over a couple months. Its better than paying those transfer charges.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Avoiding interest and Free Balance transfers.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just some things Ive learned over the last few years.

Avoiding Interest.

I simply keep moving my balances around as much as possible every month if I have an balance carrying over from month to month.

I pay everything with my CC's, then use cash to pay any card that had a balance at the beginning of the month, then charge anything new on a different card.

Even tho we use our cards a LOT I doubt we've paid more than $25 in interest over the last 4 years.

Balance Transfers.

If I have, for instance, a $2500 balance on one card that I want to move to another card I simply charge everything during the month to the card I want to tranfer TO, then use all my available cash to pay off the card I want to move the balance FROM.

If your funds arent enough to do it all in one month just spread it out over a couple months. Its better than paying those transfer charges.

That's the cheapest and certainly the most smart move to make.  You get to avoid paying BT fee.  Unfortunately, not everyone make enough money to make the move you mentioned.    Go  for it!!   Great you thought  of that. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.