tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: BB&T Pre-Qualify Offers (3 cards)

Message 11 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Have a card with them from when my profile wasn't "clean" and got a 7500 CL(or is it 6500 or 7k, don't remember right off hand) on the cash rewards one.. Just for giggles tried it and pre-approved for all three now with 1 point higher apr than OP had listed.. bb&t and suntrust are merging soon.  They dont hand out the biggest CL's I would guess i would get 10k or 12k if i applied now, but no use for the travel card and the no perks card is meh imo.  the rewards card is really the only card of real interest although it is nice knowing they like a persons profile.  They certainly arent new account or inquiry sensitive my eq is sitting around 770-790 range atm.  Maybe they are handing out bigger limits now with the merger of suntrust to become the 6th largest bank, who knows.  Although my approval was on the very conservative side of my limits as average is around 18k on my cards with high at 60k and low at 5k

Message 12 of 26
Caught750
Valued Contributor

BBT is in growth mode. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see them pushing cards. Hopefully they’d step up their limits as well. Unfortunately, other than games, I can justify a card. The APR on Bright was comparable to my AR/CSP but obviously I win with the alternatives.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 13 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Pre-qualify gave me the Spectrum cards at 21.49% and the Bright at 19.49%. I never touch anything with a pre-qual over 20% + I had a not so good experience with them 6 years ago at the start of my rebuild--so PASS.

@Credit-hoarder, I've seen mixed reviews on them. Some have been "no issues with them" and others are horror stories. I think BB&T and Suntrust are merging so could get mildly large. I know both of them are regional banks and both were available back in FL and here in SC too

Message 14 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Have a card with them from when my profile wasn't "clean" and got a 7500 CL(or is it 6500 or 7k, don't remember right off hand) on the cash rewards one.. Just for giggles tried it and pre-approved for all three now with 1 point higher apr than OP had listed.. bb&t and suntrust are merging soon.  They dont hand out the biggest CL's I would guess i would get 10k or 12k if i applied now, but no use for the travel card and the no perks card is meh imo.  the rewards card is really the only card of real interest although it is nice knowing they like a persons profile.  They certainly arent new account or inquiry sensitive my eq is sitting around 770-790 range atm.  Maybe they are handing out bigger limits now with the merger of suntrust to become the 6th largest bank, who knows.  Although my approval was on the very conservative side of my limits as average is around 18k on my cards with high at 60k and low at 5k

I was thinking they might be in push-mode as well with the merger. Never had any experience with Suntrust so they both might be mildly conservative, but my average limit is around $18k as well so not really sure what to expect with this bank. I agree with you about their no rewards card. Their lowest APR is still a bit high compared to other shops, but it's not something I'm turning my nose up to either. The rewards card is the better looking one to me. I'm contemplating "should I try and jump in now or wait until the merger?"

They could have some better revamped cards post merger, but could also tighten up on UW and be more sensitive to new accounts/inquiries which would push me right out the back door with a 10 foot pole Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I was thinking they might be in push-mode as well with the merger. Never had any experience with Suntrust so they both might be mildly conservative, but my average limit is around $18k as well so not really sure what to expect with this bank. I agree with you about their no rewards card. Their lowest APR is still a bit high compared to other shops, but it's not something I'm turning my nose up to either. The rewards card is the better looking one to me. I'm contemplating "should I try and jump in now or wait until the merger?"

They could have some better revamped cards post merger, but could also tighten up on UW and be more sensitive to new accounts/inquiries which would push me right out the back door with a 10 foot pole Smiley Very Happy

BB&T is acquiring sun trust which is pretty conversative well actually they both are, but if bb&t is going to be the leader being the one buying out suntrust they most likely won't be tightening up anything anytime soon.  Let me know what happens if you give it a swing. Smiley Happy.  Always like new DP's as we have fairly simliiar scores and limits, etc..  You beat me on the synovous by 2k lol, still wondering how that happened, jkSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 26
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Why do you want these cards?  None of them are best in class, or even second best.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 17 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

BB&T is acquiring sun trust which is pretty conversative well actually they both are, but if bb&t is going to be the leader being the one buying out suntrust they most likely won't be tightening up anything anytime soon.  Let me know what happens if you give it a swing. Smiley Happy.  Always like new DP's as we have fairly simliiar scores and limits, etc..  You beat me on the synovous by 2k lol, still wondering how that happened, jkSmiley Happy

LOL. I'm going to noodle on it tonight because although I've abandonded my gardening, I'm not sure I want 5 new cards posting so quickly. At the same time, 3 have already posted and I had zero negative impact, but I think it's because I've gotten much better at spacing them out in smaller chucks over the lat 18 months.

Message 18 of 26
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Why do you want these cards?  None of them are best in class, or even second best.

"Credit is crack" lol I agree, not best in class for anything right now, but tables do turn from time to time. I was just poking around their website and stumbled upon these, but wasn't pursuing them for any particular reason. "Why" and "Why not" sound the same to me lol 

Message 19 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Pre-qualify gave me the Spectrum cards at 21.49% and the Bright at 19.49%. I never touch anything with a pre-qual over 20% + I had a not so good experience with them 6 years ago at the start of my rebuild--so PASS.

@Credit-hoarder, I've seen mixed reviews on them. Some have been "no issues with them" and others are horror stories. I think BB&T and Suntrust are merging so could get mildly large. I know both of them are regional banks and both were available back in FL and here in SC too

I live in a fairly good sized town in Va. and we have about 5 BB&Ts and a couple of Suntrusts. Not too crazy about either one of them though.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.