Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer question

tag
alexak
Regular Contributor

Balance transfer question

So I just got the Freedom and at the time of application (2/27) requested balance transfers from two different cards. Just yesterday they posted to my chase account, but have yet to be deducted from my other two... I'm surprised at how long this whole process takes... When should I expect to see the transfers deducted from the two cards?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GoRavens
Established Member

Re: Balance transfer question

I may be off on the days, but for new accounts, there is a minimum 10 day hold for the BTs to post.  I believe this is a CARD Act requirement.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GoRavens wrote:

I may be off on the days, but for new accounts, there is a minimum 10 day hold for the BTs to post.  I believe this is a CARD Act requirement.

Discover is 15, I didn't know about that before speaking with them to check status, it was still in available credit and everything so was making me nervous.

KEEP PAYING OLD!!

Message 3 of 4
alexak
Regular Contributor

Ok yeah I transferred a balance from cap1 and orchard (i guess now Cap1 also). Hopefully it will post soon to those accounts, as it has already posted and reflected in my balance on my Chase Freedom.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.