Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America 123 CLI

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America 123 CLI

I want a CLI on my 3-2-1 but they said it would be a HP so I said no, have only had mine since December.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, family... I was dilly dallying back in October over BofA 123. I started my credit building back in December of 2013 with 2 CapOne starter cards of 300 and 500. Anyway, I have managed to do pretty well with bouncing back. BofA offered me the card and gave me a paltry 1250 as the initial CLI. Tonight, I toyed with the idea of asking for an increase. I finally got up the nerve and pushed the button and was immediately increased to 5000. I was worried because I thought it was TOO EARLY for BOA to give me an increase. Well, they did! Do you think I pushed too early? Should I call and ask for more? Or, should I just start my standard 6 months clock over and wait?

Did you ask for 5K? With BofA you should always ask for more than what you think you can get.

You can call an analyst (see backdoor numbers) and ask for more, tell them to use the same HP (you have up to 30 days to do so). I asked for 15K on a 2K card, got 6K online, called and they told me that they can only give 7K (I have a couple of cards with 15K). After a few days I saw online they give me another 3K without asking. Then asked for Visa Signature card (you can get VS if the card is 5K or more). Good luck.

Got the phone call 📞 to let me know that I will be receiving the Vsig 💳 shortly.... Thxs, everyone.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbw79 wrote:

Has anyone ever been turned down after the cli link appeared in your account? I realize most requests are reviewed by an analyst.

Yep the only denial happened before the card hit the 3rd statement.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.