cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Message - Should I recon?

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Barclaycard Arrival Message - Should I recon?

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted.
Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days.

We will notify you in writing in no more than 30 days (and often sooner) about the status of your application.

TU is at 670

9 Inqs

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Message - Should I recon?

I wish you luck. They are known to pull Transunion? Maybe i should app

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it.  All they can do is say-No.  Let us know what you decide.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course you should recon. I found them quite easy to convince should you have no recent delquincies or balances on charge offs. 

Message 4 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@ccpat wrote:

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an immediate decision on the application you just submitted.
Your application requires further review, which can take up to 10 days.

We will notify you in writing in no more than 30 days (and often sooner) about the status of your application.

TU is at 670

9 Inqs

What does your profile look like? Cards, balances etc...

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

Yes, Barclay's is good about recon.  Barclay's hates new accounts and inquiries, but if you have good explanations they'll give you a shot.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 8
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

You were 100% spot on Happy.  They declined and the reason was new accounts and inquiries.  More so the new accounts.  Opened Chase Freedom and SW last month.  Barclaycard said they wanted to see how I was going to handle those cards.  I told them to look at my other cards.....5 year history with Cap One, Comenity VA, etc.  They didn't care...talked about the new Chase cards and inqs.  Oh well......I'll try again in 6 months.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccpat wrote:

You were 100% spot on Happy.  They declined and the reason was new accounts and inquiries.  More so the new accounts.  Opened Chase Freedom and SW last month.  Barclaycard said they wanted to see how I was going to handle those cards.  I told them to look at my other cards.....5 year history with Cap One, Comenity VA, etc.  They didn't care...talked about the new Chase cards and inqs.  Oh well......I'll try again in 6 months.  

Should of just said you have excellent pay history and explain the benefits of having that card and how you would put your spend on it. Throwing other companies in their face, probably just made them more irritated. GL in 6 months and I look forward to seeing your approval thread.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.