cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AUTO CLI after six months a sure thing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays AUTO CLI after six months a sure thing?

@tonyjones wrote:

So my 6th statement is about to cut, will I get an automatic credit limit increase? My utilization on the card is about 55%. 

I've seen numerous posts about it being a sure thing, but just curious...

For me it was the 8th statement, but 2 statements were 0 balances. Not really sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

Message 11 of 19
Involver
Valued Contributor

It is not a sure thing.

Message 12 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's not a sure thing. It may happen to several people, but keep in mind the people on the forums here represent a small number of cardholders. There is no guarantee you will get a 6 month CLI, or a 12 month, or ANY CLI. Creditors don't just give CLI in exchange for time. They have to decide you need it/it's warranted. If you spend way below the limit month to month, why would they increase it?

Honestly, the way you tend to get CLI (auto ones) is by running up close to your limit and then paying down, multiple times. But I don't know why you would go through these exercises unless you really need the additional credit.

Chances are if you are patient and responsible, you will eventually get a CLI. Just don't expect anything crazy like 2x or 3x your limit, unless you are lucky.

Message 13 of 19
robbulous
Regular Contributor

I've never got an auto CLI from Barclays, but I did open many new accounts.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 14 of 19
aav
Established Contributor

I received an increase after 6 months of heavy usage and payoff. I didn't use it much after that and when I did ask for a cli it was an hp and like pulling teeth. 

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 15 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

A lot of people have reported getting their cli on the 7th statement. I didn't get one on 6th"as expected", but got one on my 7th statement. If I've learned anything about credit since being here, it's that nothing is a sure thing and certainly not a given. The credit world is a strang place, and cli are not a given done deal, even if expected. I think we all expect one lolSmiley Happy good luck!
Message 16 of 19
chwebb1
Established Contributor

It is absolutely not a sure thing. I got my Barclaycard Ring in June 2013, and I have not yet gotten a CLI (auto or otherwise) on this card. I also got my Sallie Mae card in June 2014, and I have not yet seen a CLI on that card either (Auto or otherwise). If it matters, my highest balance on both cards was a little over $400 (approximately 40% of the CL).

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 17 of 19
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Mine cuts later this month too so I haven't got one yet.  My DW did get a small auto CLI recently and her 6th statement cuts after mine.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 18 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

My Barclays Rewards MC 6th cuts the 3rd week this month and i HAVE been carrying a balance per MyJourney's Barclay topic (Let's put our heads together etc.) and i won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, however if it does, then that extra will for me serve as a wedge to finally land Sallie. She's been waiting a whole year for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.