Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays upgrade. UPDATE

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Barclays upgrade. UPDATE

Login to check my account balance and this popped. 🤔  

Yes,  I did call the representative informed me that June 9 2017  my account would be converted over  and my annual fee would go from $89-$195 a year.

Paperwork arrived  today and I just happened to notice that the annual fee will not be assessed until  December 29, 2017. 

IMG_1494.JPG

image1.PNG

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays upgrade

That's a pretty big jump. I hope it's a card you wanted.
Message 2 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a pretty big jump. I hope it's a card you wanted.

I'm not going to except the offer is not a card and I really want right now  because I find no value in this card whatsoever. 

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You didn't have .a choice whether to upgrade or not?  Or did you opt to upgrade?  What is the difference between red and black or silver whatever it is?  A few addtional trivial perks?

Message 4 of 9
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I have this and it was a opt in or out, it was not just thrust on me....the biggest benefit (if you are in to AA miles/status) would be you can earn EQD with this card that you can not earn with either citi version.....you also get three miles per buck on AA purchases, only 1 more than citi but hey it is something......and you get 2 companion cert  ($99 each) if you spend $30,000 a year.....not great but again more than citi....now if it only had admirals club admission......

Message 5 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Can I upgrade to the silver/black card, but keep the red card terms?  The red one is nice, but the silver seems like it would retain it's shine a bit longer.

I have the red and mine is a WEMC, don't know why, but it is.  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You didn't have .a choice whether to upgrade or not?  Or did you opt to upgrade?  What is the difference between red and black or silver whatever it is?  A few addtional trivial perks? YES 

No  it was not a choice based on Berkeley's customer service representative  I initiated the upgrade.  I responded with I did not initiate the upgrade but I'll take it and she also offered  5000 bonus miles if  I spend $1000 in the next 90 days.   

You're some pictures 

IMG_1471.PNG

IMG_1470.PNG

IMG_1469.PNG

Message 7 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

I have this and it was a opt in or out, it was not just thrust on me....the biggest benefit (if you are in to AA miles/status) would be you can earn EQD with this card that you can not earn with either citi version.....you also get three miles per buck on AA purchases, only 1 more than citi but hey it is something......and you get 2 companion cert  ($99 each) if you spend $30,000 a year.....not great but again more than citi....now if it only had admirals club admission......

It Barclays started offering admirals club on their cards I would do  Close my executive card. 

Message 8 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

Can I upgrade to the silver/black card, but keep the red card terms?  The red one is nice, but the silver seems like it would retain it's shine a bit longer.

I have the red and mine is a WEMC, don't know why, but it is.  

No.   You have to upgrade to get the silver/black card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.