Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit cards with low rates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best credit cards with low rates?

I currently have 3 credit cards, each with a decent limit. I make good money, and I don't have too much debt. I always pay my balances off each month, and I was just wondering if there were some good credit cards, that have low rates and good rewards? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Best credit cards with low rates?

have u tried ur local credit union? or pentagon federal credit union?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never thought of Discover, and solved my own problem! I got a discover card! Woo Hoo! Thanks 

Message 3 of 10
dalebb
Valued Contributor

discover is a prime card,,, but what r u looking 4 in rates? points? and what did u get from discover?

Message 4 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

As for low rate, my Nationwide Visa has a 7.24% APR and 1% cash back. Not terribly rewarding but the rate is good if you have to carry a balance.
Message 5 of 10
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have 3 credit cards, each with a decent limit. I make good money, and I don't have too much debt. I always pay my balances off each month, and I was just wondering if there were some good credit cards, that have low rates and good rewards? Thanks!

AFAIK, the Simmons First Visa Platinum Travel Rewards credit card has the lowest rate for a rewards card:

currently 9.25% variable (Prime Rate plus 6%).

It's a travel rewards card (one point per dollar), not a cash back card.

Excellent credit is required.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion April 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 6 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Nice cards! 

When you say "rates" do you mean rewards?  Since you pay in full does APY matter?  What do you use your cards most for?  Which Discover did you get?  How do you know your limits on your Amex charge cards (Zync and Platinum).

Congrats on the Discover by the way!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Nice cards! 

When you say "rates" do you mean rewards?  Since you pay in full does APY matter?  What do you use your cards most for?  Which Discover did you get?  How do you know your limits on your Amex charge cards (Zync and Platinum).

Congrats on the Discover by the way!

I'd like to know that also. I have boh the Zync and the Platinum

Message 8 of 10
birjest
Frequent Contributor

I heard that the platinum came in a "sexy" welcome kit.  What all came with the card?

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 9 of 10
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

@birjest wrote:

I heard that the platinum came in a "sexy" welcome kit.  What all came with the card?

They send candles and a Do Not Disturb door hanger for your first night with your new platinum card.Smiley Tongue

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.