Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA BBR Card Reward Question

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

BofA BBR Card Reward Question

Hey Everyone!

I opened up the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards card in January, my first statement cut in February with a balance of $207.56, paid balance in full, made a charge in February, and March bill cut, paid in full, I'll have a charge this month and will pay in full in April.  Will I be qualified for the $30 quarterly bonus since I'm a Bank of America checking account holder?

Thanks for your help!

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA BBR Card Reward Question

Would be interesting in knowing how this works as well. I have the 123 card that I was thinking of PCing since I only use this card for a monthly reoccurring charge to keep open and active. $100/year ($120/year if xfered to BoA account) is a lot better than my current $0.30 projected earnings. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

Hey Everyone!

I opened up the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards card in January, my first statement cut in February with a balance of $207.56, paid balance in full, made a charge in February, and March bill cut, paid in full, I'll have a charge this month and will pay in full in April.  Will I be qualified for the $30 quarterly bonus since I'm a Bank of America checking account holder?

Thanks for your help!

My understanding is that you get paid after the end of each quarter, and that it is possible to get the first quarter payment with less than 3 full monthly payments. Just like in this diagram.

boa-new.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Would be interesting in knowing how this works as well. I have the 123 card that I was thinking of PCing since I only use this card for a monthly reoccurring charge to keep open and active. $100/year ($120/year if xfered to BoA account) is a lot better than my current $0.30 projected earnings. Smiley Happy

You can't PC to a BBR card at all. Only new applications.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your help!

You will only get the $30 if you have the rewards set up to be direct deposited into a Bank of America account. If you deposit it to another bank or use the statement credit option, you will get $25. You have to choose ahead of time on the Bank of America website. You should see a link that says something like "Manage Rewards Preferences."

Message 5 of 11
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your help!

You will only get the $30 if you have the rewards set up to be direct deposited into a Bank of America account. If you deposit it to another bank or use the statement credit option, you will get $25. You have to choose ahead of time on the Bank of America website. You should see a link that says something like "Manage Rewards Preferences."

I set it up to go into my Bank of America checking account, does anyone know when the rewards get sent to the account?

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 6 of 11
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your help!

I set it up to go into my Bank of America checking account, does anyone know when the rewards get sent to the account?

It probably varies per person, but my funds are deposited on either the 6th or 14th of the month. 

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I disagree with your statement, I PCed my 123 Cash Rewards to a BBR, it was a simple process.

Message 8 of 11
nightglider
Regular Contributor

The rule against PC'ing to a BBR was only established about a year ago, possibly more recently.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I disagree with your statement, I PCed my 123 Cash Rewards to a BBR, it was a simple process.

did you PC a month ago?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.