Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA free FICO score through online banking

tag
USF
Established Member

BofA free FICO score through online banking

Long time lurker but decided to post because I have not seen anyone mention this...

Tonight I logged onto my Bank of America online banking to check my activity like I normally do every so often. I was looking at my 123 Cash Rewards card and tried to see if they were offering me a promo balance transfer option. I hovered over the Special offers tab and accidentally went to the next tab where it says "Tools & Investing". A bright icon *NEW* caught my attention. The long talked about "VIEW YOUR FICO SCORE" option! I quickly clicked it and enrolled to start receiving the score. I was not expecting it to update my score right away but at least its a start!

Anyone else get this option as well on their online banking? 

I don't know if its available to everyone or if its for a specific card like the Slate from Chase but I'm happy they finally rolled it out!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: BofA free FICO score through online banking

Gee Whiz! Thanks. I'll have to get right on this and check.

I been pestering them for months about this but no one could offer any timeline on it.

*UPDATE* Well it's not yet on mine but thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@USF wrote:

Long time lurker but decided to post because I have not seen anyone mention this...

Tonight I logged onto my Bank of America online banking to check my activity like I normally do every so often. I was looking at my 123 Cash Rewards card and tried to see if they were offering me a promo balance transfer option. I hovered over the Special offers tab and accidentally went to the next tab where it says "Tools & Investing". A bright icon *NEW* caught my attention. The long talked about "VIEW YOUR FICO SCORE" option! I quickly clicked it and enrolled to start receiving the score. I was not expecting it to update my score right away but at least its a start!

Anyone else get this option as well on their online banking? 

I don't know if its available to everyone or if its for a specific card like the Slate from Chase but I'm happy they finally rolled it out!

I looked. Nope, I don't have a score from BoA yet. Maybe six cards aren't enough and I need to get a seventh card from them? Smiley Very Happy

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 13
USF
Established Member

I logged in again and to my surprise the link disappeared! I tried signing out but signing back in but still it did not come back up. I know I didn't imagine it so I used Chrome browser's incognito mode and logged from there.. Sure enough the link reappeared! Score had not updated yet but the only way for the FICO SCORE link to show up was to log in through incognito mode. Maybe that will allow some of you guys to access it! If I can figure out how to attach a picture I will take a screenshot of it if anyone is interested

Message 4 of 13
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@USF wrote:

I logged in again and to my surprise the link disappeared! I tried signing out but signing back in but still it did not come back up. I know I didn't imagine it so I used Chrome browser's incognito mode and logged from there.. Sure enough the link reappeared! Score had not updated yet but the only way for the FICO SCORE link to show up was to log in through incognito mode. Maybe that will allow some of you guys to access it! If I can figure out how to attach a picture I will take a screenshot of it if anyone is interested

According to other threads it's supposed to start by the end of the year. At least that was a plan at one point.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bank-Of-America-Fico-Score/td-p/4316368

Message 5 of 13
uswala
Senior Contributor

Nothing there for me or my DW Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 13
USF
Established Member

@manyquestions wrote:

@USF wrote:

According to other threads it's supposed to start by the end of the year. At least that was a plan at one point.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Bank-Of-America-Fico-Score/td-p/4316368

Thanks for the link, I can confirm what user '

"Updated monthly
Your FICO® Score 8 based on TransUnion data and the key factors provided are for your educational use. TransUnion is one of three credit bureaus. Your scores may vary across each bureau. For any questions, please see the FAQs below or contact TransUnion at 844.456.0942.

The score we provide here is FICO®Score 8 and may differ from other FICO® Scores. Bank of America and other lenders may use different scores and other types of information in credit decisions."
Message 7 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well that just blows and for some of us it's redundant.

Yet another TransUnion score? Maybe Experian charges too much.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well that just blows and for some of us it's redundant.

Yet another TransUnion score? Maybe Experian charges too much.

At least Amex offers EXP 8; as far as I can tell there's no card that offers EQ 8 (just a bunch that give the bankcard version)...

Message 9 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

Redundant for sure, they should have mid it up and at least given a bank card FICO TU score.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.