Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP AU 5000 point bonus?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

CSP AU 5000 point bonus?

I recently got the CSP and added an authorized user so I could get the 5000 point bonus.

The trems state that you have to add an AU and make a purchase to get the bonus. I noticed that the AU account number is the same as the primary.

Do you actually have to make a swiped purchase with the AU card to get the bonus?

If you make an online purchase how does Chase differentiate a charge from the primary and AU card since everything including the CVV code is the same?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP AU 5000 point bonus?

Yes, the AU needs to make at least a purchase using their card.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 2 of 14
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I believe it needs to be a physcial use.

Message 3 of 14
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

By a purchase-do you mean it has to be swiped because as the prev poster wrote-there is no differentiation between au and primary owners card info

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

By a purchase-do you mean it has to be swiped because as the prev poster wrote-there is no differentiation between au and primary owners card info

when i got 5k bonus for au use was when i had my mom use hers for 3x first friday for dinner. Got 5k almost immediately 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 14
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Even though they have the same number Chase can tell the difference.  They do the same thing on Freedom cards with AUs and they offer a bonus as well on the first purchase by an AU.  It works.

Message 6 of 14
stema8701
Valued Member

I added the AU and they never made a charge on the card and I still got the 5K bonus.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score:EX FICO 741 EQ FICO 763 TU FICO 730
Goal Score: 800
NFCU Cash Rewards Sig (23K), Amex BCP(10K), Delta Reserve (20K) Discover IT(8K), CITI HHonors(10K), CSP (8K), CITI TYP(6.5K) CITI American Airlines (9K), Amazon Store Card(4K), Chase SW (4.5K)

Message 7 of 14
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Does Freedom offer this as well??

Message 8 of 14
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

It offers $25 cash back (or 2500 UR) once you add an AU and they make a purchase within the first 3 months of account opening.

Message 9 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

It offers $25 cash back (or 2500 UR) once you add an AU and they make a purchase within the first 3 months of account opening.

My DW just got a Freedom card and the statement just posted, she got the $200 and $25. She added our daugther as AU and the card still inside the envelope.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.