Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I apply for both Amex Hilton cards?

tag
PowerMan572
Contributor

Can I apply for both Amex Hilton cards?

Amex has two Hilton cards. Can I apply for both of them to try and get both signup bonuses? I'm going to keep the Surpass card, because of the higher points. However, I figured if I can apply for both in 1 day (so I only get 1 HP) I figured why not! However, I can't find anything online if I can apply for both Hilton cards from Amex. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
asulaw
Established Member

Re: Can I apply for both Amex Hilton cards?

I don't see why not, whether you're going to get approved for both is a different story. But I am not sure about the only 1 HP thing, from what I have seen around that really only works for a charge card + a revolving credit card. If the charge gets denied then you get a SP. This only works for current members. But YMMV, because I've seen some cases where people have only had 1 HP for 2 apps.

Wells Fargo Student - $2,300 / Discover It - $2,000 / Chase Slate - $1,500 / Marriott Premier Rewards - $5,000 / Citi ThankYou Preferred - $2,000 / AMEX TrueEarnings - $1,200 / Target RedCard - $300

Total CL: $14,300
Util: 28%
Message 2 of 7
PowerMan572
Contributor

I am a current Amex member. Hum, I always thought 2 apps in 1 day were a SP with Amex though? I guess I can see how the first app goes...

Message 3 of 7
asulaw
Established Member

@PowerMan572 wrote:

I am a current Amex member. Hum, I always thought 2 apps in 1 day were a SP with Amex though? I guess I can see how the first app goes...

Do them side by side Smiley Tongue But I've heard that the credit ones are HP no matter what. Charge for current members is SP if denied and HP if accepted.

Wells Fargo Student - $2,300 / Discover It - $2,000 / Chase Slate - $1,500 / Marriott Premier Rewards - $5,000 / Citi ThankYou Preferred - $2,000 / AMEX TrueEarnings - $1,200 / Target RedCard - $300

Message 4 of 7
PowerMan572
Contributor

@asulaw wrote:

@PowerMan572 wrote:

Do them side by side Smiley Tongue But I've heard that the credit ones are HP no matter what. Charge for current members is SP if denied and HP if accepted.

From what I've read, the side by side / browser trick is not working anymore. Amex will flag the 2nd application and require a call in and they'll ask why you're applying for 2 cards :-/ 

Message 5 of 7
asulaw
Established Member

:x Well, besides that, there is another thread that is in the first page where someone did some apping as a new current member. It resulted in HP's. I also tried to app for an EveryDay after just getting my TE, and it HP'd me. GL keep us updated on what you do!

Message 6 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

any reason you want the second Hilton Amex? Citi has two yes TWO more hilton HHonors cards just like Amex....Maybe spread the Joy with Citi??

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.