Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one "push" amex to report sooner?

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Can one "push" amex to report sooner?

So I recently got 3 Amex accounts beginning of July. I've read it takes at least 2 or more billing cycles for them to report. They'll be backdated to 1999.

Now, I know a mortgage underwriter wont see the gap in reported months, however there is a house we saw and love and want to at least get the pre-approval process going

I dont want to do pre approval before they are reporting, then have them show up on the pull right before closing!

Any experience with pleading ones case with amex to rush the reporting process?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Can one "push" amex to report sooner?

Broke the cardinal rule of not playing with credit six months before mortgage....oooops.

You can't make a squeaky wheel go faster, when it comes to their methods (amex).

Message 2 of 6
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure amex has much to do with it... They report it and then it takes the bureaus X days to process. Experian and EQ are usually fairly quick, TU takes a a week or more after the other two in my experiences. Good luck!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 3 of 6
carlosjgg
Contributor

@peepers wrote:
So I recently got 3 Amex accounts beginning of July. I've read it takes at least 2 or more billing cycles for them to report. They'll be backdated to 1999.

Now, I know a mortgage underwriter wont see the gap in reported months, however there is a house we saw and love and want to at least get the pre-approval process going

I dont want to do pre approval before they are reporting, then have them show up on the pull right before closing!

Any experience with pleading ones case withamex to rush the reporting process?

your first amex will take 2 or more billing cycles to report but the others will report a few days after first statement cut.

Chase sp 5k c---------------------------Care credit 4500 cl
Chase mileageplus explorer 5k ---Citi diamond p 2k
Chase mileageplus club 15k ------ Discover it 1.5k
Amex ed 5k -----------------------------Lowe's 10k-----Dinersclub mc 5k
Amex gold npsl plus a 35k cl--------BestBuy 2.1k--Kay's 5k
Sam's mc 4.5k --------------------------Jared 6k
Message 4 of 6
canusa11
Valued Member

Both of mine reported less than a month after I opened them. I got my delta gold may 5th & my PRG may 13. The Deta reported first week of June, & the PRG reported a few days befor the delta did. YMMV

Message 5 of 6
sean23
Valued Member

My PRG and Everyday cards both reported the day after my 1st statement closed. Just FYI.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.