Regular Contributor
Laurenlou

Cap 1 question...

I have an unpaid C/o w/ cap 1 that I defaulted on in 06. I am planning on paying it via PFD ( or trying to at least) early next year.

Heres my question: I went to the preapproval site for cap 1 and it said i was preapproved for a few different cards. Do you think they would approve me for new credit given that I already have a c/o with them? Does the preapproval site not see that i already have an account in bad standing with them?
Established Member
Andrew_Garcia_4918

Re: Cap 1 question...

[ Edited ]
Not likely...Cause since you did not pay it's delinquent. And when run they your SSN to get your CR. That will come up.

Message Edited by Andrew_Garcia_4918 on 08-28-2008 03:42 PM
TRANS - 735 / EXP - 697 / EQUI - 670 (8/29/08)
TRANS - 718 / EXP - 679 / EQUI - 645 (8/25/08)
TRANS - 692 / EXP - 674 / EQUI - 631 (8/19/08)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

it won't hurt you to apply. if you are blocked in there system it will pop up internally before they pull credit and you will get a letter stating because of past handling with capital one... blah blah you can't have another card.... no credit report was pulled for this decision.

weird that your getting pre-approval, so i say go for it!
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Contributor
dieselcafe

I have one Cap One card that was sent to collection in 2007.  I called  Cap One up and they pulled the card out of collection and allow me to make monthly payment on this Card.

I applied for another card with them 3 months ago and was approved for a reward card of $300 CL and recieved a CLI  of $300 last week.

I also applied for an additional card with them and  was also approved for a regular card for $500.

Now I have 2 Cap One cards

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}