Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 secured - when and what after?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 secured - when and what after?

Ok, I got my Capital One secured card on November 1st, So I have it for 2 months and 8 days for now.
I got 200 CL for 49$ deposit. Today I made one more deposit of 150$ for CLI.
I have 5 inquirys on my credit report for being stupid, but that's not important.
I want to know when is the best time to apply for unsecured card and for what card?
I guess after 6 months?
Of course I always pay on time and in full.
I also want maybe in September to apply for auto loan.
and other question is when Cap 1 report to credit bureaus, when is best to have my account on 10-20% used?
Also do you think that I can get auto loan after 10 months of using secured card?
thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 secured - when and what after?

Also I just don't want to make any more deposits because I can't get that money back until I close account, and I don't want to do that because that will be my oldest acc.
Message 2 of 4
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

having had this card myself and hearing of many others that have had it i can tell you that it will never unsecure (or at least i have never heard of it unsecuring)

you might get one or two unsecured cli's mine was from 200-500

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 usually reports within a couple days of statement closing. Credit karma can show you the day they report in the notifications section. My statements close on the 17th, they always report balance on the 19th or 20th.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.