Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne On Death Row...

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

CapOne On Death Row...

With a new and very generous credit line obtained just last week my CaoOne Platinum card days are numbered. Only a 750 CL.

I'm hoping however that the C1/HSBC merger completes quickly so that I can combine this low card with a HSBC (2000)  trade line that I've had opened for several years. Does anyone think that I will actually be able to combine this builder with my other HSBC mid grade card and get an increase to 3k or so? Or should I go ahead and take it out back now and continue looking for credit with other banks? I have 6 revolving lines open now, 

I've had this card just a bit over two years and the HSBC card for much longer so no chance in affecting AAoA. The 750 makes up only a minimal part of my overall CL utilization (now just a bit over 26k not including an AMEX NPSL account).

Any other good ideas for leveraging this card before I close it? I have a $28 balance so it could be closed at any time.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: CapOne On Death Row...

Yeah, call up and order all your statements going back to the day you opened your account and wa-la free scrap paper for the year!

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Yeah, call up and order all your statements going back to the day you opened your account and wa-la free scrap paper for the year!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!! I see by your signature that we share many things (Wallet: Capital One Platinum Mastercard $750 ). 

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 28
Jlu
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!! I see by your signature that we share many things (Wallet: Capital One Platinum Mastercard $750 ). 

Yeah mine has an execution date of 05/13 - I want the shredder to be the last thing I charge to the card, kind of like putting someone to death in the electric chair and sending their family the electric bill.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 28
alboto
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Yeah mine has an execution date of 05/13 - I want the shredder to be the last thing I charge to the card, kind of like putting someone to death in the electric chair and sending their family the electric bill.

no more Mr. Nice Guy

Message 5 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Jlu wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Oh I like that one!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 28
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I don't know why I get such a kick out of people giving CapOne the axe.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 7 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm keeping my cap1 forever Smiley Very Happy They've been very nice to me. 

That story would be entirely different if my card had an AF Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 28
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

They wouldn't be so bad if they would grow with their customers.  They can literally start with someone with bad credit, take them from a secured card, to a low limit unsecured, high limit unsecured, then take them to a prime card with rewards, miles, etc.  Then they can let their best customers (the ones with on time payments, low to non utilization) PC to other cards as the customer needs change.  For pete sakes, what does it matter, they are already a customer in which they've extended credit to, so moving from one product to another shouldn't be a problem.  Capital One is in prime position for this.  Unfortunately they don't see this and "no hassles" is a complete hassle. 

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 9 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

They wouldn't be so bad if they would grow with their customers.  They can literally start with someone with bad credit, take them from a secured card, to a low limit unsecured, high limit unsecured, then take them to a prime card with rewards, miles, etc.  Then they can let their best customers (the ones with on time payments, low to non utilization) PC to other cards as the customer needs change.  For pete sakes, what does it matter, they are already a customer in which they've extended credit to, so moving from one product to another shouldn't be a problem.  Capital One is in prime position for this.  Unfortunately they don't see this and "no hassles" is a complete hassle. 

Not gonna lie their "No Hassle Rewards" really are no hassle. xD And most of their CS is sometimes almost helpful, some of them are even very helpful sometimes Smiley Tongue (A much rarer occasion though) 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.