Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne On Death Row...

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: CapOne On Death Row...

@Razeus wrote:

They wouldn't be so bad if they would grow with their customers.  They can literally start with someone with bad credit, take them from a secured card, to a low limit unsecured, high limit unsecured, then take them to a prime card with rewards, miles, etc.  Then they can let their best customers (the ones with on time payments, low to non utilization) PC to other cards as the customer needs change.  For pete sakes, what does it matter, they are already a customer in which they've extended credit to, so moving from one product to another shouldn't be a problem.  Capital One is in prime position for this.  Unfortunately they don't see this and "no hassles" is a complete hassle. 

+1 Cap One has lost me as a customer because of this. Amex, Chase, Citi, Barclays, NFCU have all seen fit to give me generous CLs. If Cap One would have PCd or CLId to reflect the improvement in my credit, I would not have closed my accts. with them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well they got me until July of next year, we'll see if they want to keep my business.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 28
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

I have had Capital One for 5 years, since then I had only one cli.$750-$1750. Capital One is a good rebuilder card and that it. I found this on another site "

Well, I sincerely appreciate Capital One for extending me more credit. I didn't ask for the credit line increase, but Capital One seems happy to provide it and decide what amount of credit is in my wallet. I guess that the Obama Administration's bailout program money (Capital One received $3.5 billion) is finally flowing to consumers... 6+ months later.

Unload higher rate balances? My Capital One Visa interest rate (17%) is the highest rates I have. I don't have any loans nor credit card balances with higher interest rates. So, there's nothing for me to transfer or unload.

On Monday I called the Capital One Customer Service to see if they could really help me. A very nice woman, Alina answered the phone. I asked Alina to reduce my credit line since I don't need $8,000.0 amount of credit. I sincerely appreciate the increase, but don't need that much credit. Alina was very polite and adjusted my credit line immediately.

While discussing this, I asked Alina to reduce my interest rate also, since Capital One obviously considers me a good customer. Alina said that she couldn't lower my interest rate and that I'd have to speak with a supervisor.

A couple minutes later the supervisor, Carol, joined the phone call. I repeated my request to see what Capital One could do for me, like a lower interest rate instead of the higher credit limit I didn't need. I reminded Carol that Capital One had increased my Visa interest rate in March by a lot, and a point or two reduction now would mean a lot.

I added that the higher rate has scared me from using my Capital One Visa credit card. Their card is basically no longer in my wallet.

Carol seemed to understand and empathized. After checking her files, she said that while I have been a good customer since 1994 Capital One wouldn't lower my interest rate at this time. Maybe a lower rate in the future. She said she could convert my card to a Rewards card with either frequent-flyer miles or 1% cash back. I thanked her for the Reward offer and replied that I'd keep using my Discover card since it pays me 5% cash back.

My point for sharing this story: we consumers decide what's in our wallets (and purses). Given the high interest rate and low cash-back payments, my Capital One Visa is not in my wallet. It could return to my wallet, but Capital One will have to make it worth my benefit".

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 13 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but does this card have an AF? If so, I would go ahead and run it down so to speak. If not, why not just keep it open?

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Maybe I missed it in the thread, but does this card have an AF? If so, I would go ahead and run it down so to speak. If not, why not just keep it open?

Ray I was checking the Cap One site and it shows two versions of this green card.

1. A Visa Signature

2. A Mastercard

Visa Signature:

-  Excellent Credit

-  No AF

One-time bonus of $100 once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months

-  0% intro APR until August 2013; 12.9%-20.9% variable APR after that

-  Purchase APR: 0% intro APR until August 2013; 12.9%-20.9% variable APR after that

-  Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount transferred until August 2013

Matercard:

-  Average Credit

-  $39 AF

-  Purchase APR: 0% intro APR until June 2013; 19.8% variable APR after that

-  Transfer Fee: $0

I just did a compare from their site.

Message 15 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Interesting.

My wife just got a regular Cap One rewards card, $3k line, no AF... But only 1% cash back. We wanted the Siggy version of course.

I re-read the terms and an AF was listed nowhere...

Ray

Message 16 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Interesting.

My wife just got a regular Cap One rewards card, $3k line, no AF... But only 1% cash back. We wanted the Siggy version of course.

Did she get the MC version?

Message 17 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The mastercard has the 39$ af although if she applied through a mail iffer or something she might get no af for life of the account, thats what happened to me when i PCd.
Message 18 of 28
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Interesting.

Did she get the MC version?

Not sure - waiting for the card to arrive...

Ray

Message 19 of 28
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I now have 6 open TLs with this one having very little affect on my utilization. And hurts me severly when I charge anything more than a nights dinner... Maxxed out condition is pretty easy to reach for me.

So the decision is do I close this line to make room for one new line with more potential, and do I risk a new bank looking at the low CL and having them extend a low line to me as well. AF would be an extra benefit.

I'm just looking for options to best leverage this card.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.