Did you mean: 

Capital One Premier Dining card now called Savor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Premier Dining card now called Savor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3% on dining sounds nice. I have outgrown Quicksilver. I asked about a PC and they said "we are not offering that at this time, but we will notify you if things change... blah blah".

There is a 150 dollar sign up bonus with 500 dollar spend.  I wouldn't PC as you wouldn't get the 150 dollars

That would be obvious for most... I am after the Saphhire Reserve (FAR more lucrative) and need to hold off on any new accounts for a while. PC in my case is the more logical option.

Message 31 of 50
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3% on dining sounds nice. I have outgrown Quicksilver. I asked about a PC and they said "we are not offering that at this time, but we will notify you if things change... blah blah".

There is a 150 dollar sign up bonus with 500 dollar spend.  I wouldn't PC as you wouldn't get the 150 dollars

That would be obvious for most... I am after the Saphhire Reserve (FAR more lucrative) and need to hold off on any new accounts for a while. PC in my case is the more logical option.

Yeah, I'm considering a PC as well for my 10-year old Quicksilver MC. 

It appears that the days of easy Capital One approvals might be ending, since there are several recent reports of people being declined for various Capital One cards who just a few months ago would have been approved with no problem. 

In my case I already have a 3% card for restaurants (Sam's Club MC) but this would be a bit simpler, and I wouldn't have to bother (or wait) for the check in February (side note:  this past year my check got lost, and had to be reissued... ugh).  It would also give me a reason to start actively using the old card again.

Decisions, decisions...

(I agree that they dropped the ball with the design, but I'm more concerned with the rewards than the looks.)

Edit: spelling

Message 32 of 50
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Considering what a hassle it is to get a new Cap1 card, I'm thinking Savor will be a PC for me.  It just doesn't seem worth the $150 for a triple pull and delaying my possibility of getting a Venture by another 6 months.

Message 33 of 50
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

When I got this card in April there was no 0% APR and only a $100 bonus.... darn. Do you think they'll send the new design out if I requested? It beats the Capital One Platinum look to it I suppose?

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 34 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

lt looks like a penny

Message 35 of 50
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

You're kind of right... it looks like the Quicksilver is like the nickel and the Savor is the penny. Maybe I was spared with the Platinum looking card. Smiley Very Happy

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any others successfuly PC a QS -> Savor? I am interested.

Message 37 of 50
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I haven't tried yet but I'll post when I do.
Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

So looks like 1 person was able to PC to the Savor and a few others couldntv? I'm hoping we can. Everyone, please keep us updated for those who attempted to PC! 

Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to PC my 7 year old Quicksilver via Chat.  No go.  The rep said they won't be PC'ing other cards to Savor and that I'd have to apply for one if I wanted it.  I highly doubt that is the final answer.  I'd guess it will probably come up to PC to in offers eventually.

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.