Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Questions

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Capital One Questions

1) Does anyone know when C1does credit reporting?  I paid my balance in full and my statement generated today for next month.  I want to see if my CR reflects the 0 balance. 

2) I've had this card for a year now...CL is $500, had no lates.  How often does C1 consider increases?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Questions

It can take up to a few weeks, but usually within a week.

Cap1 considers CLI's little and never. It doesn't hurt to try, but most likely you'll be told to apply for a second card instead, which will have a lower CL.

Message 2 of 8
josie
Regular Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

1) Does anyone know when C1does credit reporting?  I paid my balance in full and my statement generated today for next month.  I want to see if my CR reflects the 0 balance. 

2) I've had this card for a year now...CL is $500, had no lates.  How often does C1 consider increases?

My Cap 1 payment last month was due on the 19th, staement cut on the 24th, reported couple days later.

Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 8
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks! How about Orchard Bank for increases?  I also have a $500 card with them.

Basicly the goal is to get a better limit on a card to improve my credit profile.  If neither of these will increase limits, is there a better card out there?  One that is the next step up perhaps?  If I did that, would I better off closing one of these cards?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

most common credit line is most likely 500 on crap one

Message 5 of 8
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It can take up to a few weeks, but usually within a week.

Cap1 considers CLI's little and never. It doesn't hurt to try, but most likely you'll be told to apply for a second card instead, which will have a lower CL.

+ 1.  I had to wait 3 years before going from 500 to my current limit, 2000.  They're stingy, even you charge a ton of stuff and always PIF each month.   And on top of that, you'll never get one from requesting it, they will only do auto-increases.  

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 6 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

I paid my balance of $1000 in full a tad bit over 3 weeks ago and last saturday pulled my EQ report and the card is still reporting a balance of $1000

But if yu were late by one day you bet they would report that in 3 days.

Message 7 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I paid my balance of $1000 in full a tad bit over 3 weeks ago and last saturday pulled my EQ report and the card is still reporting a balance of $1000

But if yu were late by one day you bet they would report that in 3 days.

But where did your statement fall in that equation?  If you paid your $1000 balance after your statement cut, you won't see an update until your next statement.  They report the balance on your statement.  If you want them to report a lower balance, you need to make a payment before your statement generates down to whatever amount you want to see reported on your credit report.  Then, after the statement is generated, you can pay the remaining balance, assuming there is anything left to pay.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.