DDude1

Capital One Secured Question

I have been approved for a Capital One Secured CC. I have put $100 in the account initially. I wanted to confirm that if I would put $2000 for a deposit, will that $2,000 limit be reported to all 3 credit bureaus as my availabe credit limit?  I need to up my available credit, I currently have a Orchard Bank Unsecured CC with only a 300 limit.

Thanks in advance!

Valued Member
Supawest

Re: Capital One Secured Question

DDude1 wrote:

I have been approved for a Capital One Secured CC. I have put $100 in the account initially. I wanted to confirm that if I would put $2000 for a deposit, will that $2,000 limit be reported to all 3 credit bureaus as my availabe credit limit?  I need to up my available credit, I currently have a Orchard Bank Unsecured CC with only a 300 limit.

Thanks in advance!

I had the same card 2 years ago with a 200 limit and I increased it to $1K and they reported that as my new limit to all 3 bureaus...so in short, yes.

Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 690 EQ 734 TU 709
Goal Score: 760 across (Gardening since: 03/22/2013)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+