Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One USA Question

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Capital One USA Question

I think this is been answered twenty times to tomorrow but excuse me if i forgot already.

Being busy multitasking all of time doesn't afford keeping up with new changes sometimes.

Does Capital One still reallocate lines? And if they still do is there anything extra or different than before to expect or not.

I have just got to rid myself of one of them that has an outrageous 23% APR.

Not interested in sock drawering it either. It's either they do, they will, or it's gone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One USA Question

AFAIK you can combine that CL into another Cap-1 card.
Message 2 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Absolutely they do account combinations if you want to close the card. I combined 4 into 1 online in less than 5 minutes last year. Very easy and foolproof that way. Not sure I would trust a CSR to do it.
Message 3 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

OK thanks to the both of you for confirming they still do.

I did do a couple of combo's when it first was introduced for use and again 6 months later but that was last year.

It wasn't quite clear to me if they still did them that same way since i did happen to catch a few posts here and there of some cardholders who seemed to express some disenchantment over not being able to.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Combining should be no problem.  Smiley Happy

The one odd thing (to me) about combining accounts with Capital One is that unlike other lenders, they actually require you to do it online (this might have recently changed, but previously the CSRs were unable to do it over the phone). 

As long as your 'donor' card is at zero with no pending transactions and is at least six months old you shouldn't have any problems.  One more thing... the only option they have is to move the entire credit line to the card you're keeping and close the donor card... their reallocation is all-or-nothing. (It sounds like that's what you want anyway).

Message 5 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Combining should be no problem.  Smiley Happy

The one odd thing (to me) about combining accounts with Capital One is that unlike other lenders, they actually require you to do it online (this might have recently changed, but previously the CSRs were unable to do it over the phone). 

As long as your 'donor' card is at zero with no pending transactions and is at least six months old you shouldn't have any problems.  One more thing... the only option they have is to move the entire credit line to the card you're keeping and close the donor card... their reallocation is all-or-nothing. (It sounds like that's what you want anyway).

Yeah thanks UncleB.

The only possible issue that came up recently i stumbled on when reading Capital One posts was that some had ballooned their CapOne Card limit(s) so high that C1 did a sweep of CLD's to trim things back for those few cardholders if i remember correctly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.