cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One to offer account and CL combining.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One to offer account and CL combining.

Just talked to a representative with Capital One.  I inquired about combining my two accounts into one, was told that it's not currently available, but the plans are laid out, and are waiting for approval, she estimated within the next month or two Capital One customers will recieve letters informing them of the new options.

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One to offer account and CL combining.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just talked to a representative with Capital One.  I inquired about combining my two accounts into one, was told that it's not currently available, but the plans are laid out, and are waiting for approval, she estimated within the next month or two Capital One customers will recieve letters informing them of the new options.

Sounds great! That's one of the things that struck me as odd about them but it seems like they're really trying to catch up and compete with the other big boys now.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 54
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'd get a Venture and roll it into my QuickSilver!
Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Maybe when I'm done with the secured card, maybe they'll offer an option to move all of that CL to my quicksilver one lol
Message 4 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea too JSS3
Message 5 of 54
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

That would be great....I would like to move my Sony VISA line over to my QS 1 for the cash rewards!

Message 6 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be good. I have a QS and Platinum. The Platinum was opened in 2000 but don't use it now that it's paid off. I voluntarily dropped the CL from $16k to $8k (before I found the myFICO forums). I've asked Capital One if they would change the Platinum to a more useful card for me but the answer is no. So, this gives me hope.

Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great except I have a visa and a mastercard and quicksilver is my only Mastercard (I would love to combine them).
Message 8 of 54
CreditJim
Established Contributor

This would be truly awesome news if it's true. I've never wanted to get rid of my original Capital One card as it's my oldest tradeline, and has a 5.9% APR. So if I can fold the CL from my Quicksilver into that original card that'll give me a nice CL on my oldest card with a super low APR. What I've always wanted to do with my Capital One accounts.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 9 of 54
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I definitely want a firmer confirmation on this before I go open more cards haha
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.