Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One

i will inherit 2 cap one cards i have two hsbc cards with both having 8000 limits on both i hope i dont lose them. and i have 2 percent cash back and no af.

Message 51 of 67
Juan123
Established Contributor

If you already have 2 capital one cards and are grandfathered into capital one, they wont close any of your cards. The BB card isn't provided by capital one yet so if you get approved for it, it wont be closed or anything.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 52 of 67
tammyjk
Regular Contributor

Really a shame, I liked my Orchard card too!  I hate my capital one card...So I guess I have two now Smiley Sad

Message 53 of 67
TanterBeans
New Contributor

I have 2 Cap one cards and received a "pre-approval" letter last week from Best Buy and accepted.  I was approved for the card instantly online when I accepted the invitation (with the 2 cards)

bichonmom wrote:

I've read through all of the posts and have a question. I have 2 Cap Ones and am considering apping for the Best Buy card (hopefully store, but could be MC, if that's what they approve). So, if I do, will I be rejected solely because I already have 2 Cap Ones? Or is it still under HSBC? Someone wrote that they were denied a Sony, I think, because of already having 2 Cap Ones. Sorry, don't recall which card it was for sure.

Also, I'm confused about the # of cards limit because reps have several times suggested that I app for a new card -- like when I wanted to convert this card to a rewards card. If their limit is 2, then I wonder why they'd suggest that. But then, I've been given so much erroneous info from them, who knows!

Message 54 of 67
LS2982
Mega Contributor

BB store cards are owned by Cap1 as of 5/1.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 55 of 67
TanterBeans
New Contributor

Hmm, that's weird!!  Well, so maybe you can have 2 "personal cards" and 1 "store card"?  I'm wondering if the "pre-approval" letter was sent to me when they were still owned by HSBC?  Didn't matter though because it went through. 

LS2982 wrote:

BB store cards are owned by Cap1 as of 5/1.

Message 56 of 67
learnin113
Established Contributor

O. 

Message 57 of 67
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@tammyjk wrote:

Really a shame, I liked my Orchard card too!  I hate my capital one card...So I guess I have two now Smiley Sad

I have a Household account and I asked when CapOne would take it over and I was told that for up to 2 years they will still be serviced by HSBC.  Basically, they will take up to 2 years to train more employees or train the HSBC employees and migrate the cards. I imagine we will see either the prime HSBC cards go first or Orchard Bank cards first.  Since they will have to divide the Household Bank cards up into 2 different categories, those will probably be last.  The Household cards are between sub prime and prime, CapOne basically only has 2 distinctions in their cards.  I have the Household Platinum without a fee, so I hopt I get classified as a Prime Card holder when it happens, as I already have 2 CapOne cards with $39 AFs.  (Both with $500 limits after 2 and 1 1/2 years, respectively.)  While my limit at Household is only $300 after 9 months.  When this limit is over $1000, I will close both CapOne cards with AFs when they refuse to waive them.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 58 of 67
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I have two. One is an Orchard Bank Card w/ 1100 CL slated to be replaced with a Cap1 card. Credit increases stopped after Capital One took over Orchard. Called and ask if I would get future credit limit increases and they said they are still reviewing the accounts for CLIs. Then she said I could apply for a Cap1 card if I wanted back in July. Super paranoid of denial but applied anyway and got instant approval for a Cash Rewards card w/ a 2000 CL and a 500 CLI by the 7th statement. I use it for all my groceries, gas, etc to earn cash rewards.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 59 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 Cap One & 1 HSBC Best Buy

Message 60 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.