Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one pre approval question please advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one pre approval question please advice needed

Ok folks, I have a capital one secured card and got approved for a no hassle mastercard last month for $500 and today i again get a pre approval for a platinum mastercard from capital one card.

According to what i know they are not going to approve me for an other one as i already ahve 2 cards(one secured other unsecured) and the last time i applied with them was like 25 days back.

Is there anyway I can call them and ask them to make my secured card which is 2 months old now , to make ti unsecured or is it too early to even go for anything with this pre approval.

I do have a quite a few enquiries as i went on a application spree.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one pre approval question please advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok folks, I have a capital one secured card and got approved for a no hassle mastercard last month for $500 and today i again get a pre approval for a platinum mastercard from capital one card.

According to what i know they are not going to approve me for an other one as i already ahve 2 cards(one secured other unsecured) and the last time i applied with them was like 25 days back.

Is there anyway I can call them and ask them to make my secured card which is 2 months old now , to make ti unsecured or is it too early to even go for anything with this pre approval.

I keep hearing people say that Cap One only allows 2 cards, but I until recently, I had 4 and my Mother currently has 5. I'm not sure if something changed recently, or if you are still allowed to have more. I would call the backdoor number and ask.

Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital one pre approval question please advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:

.Don't apply for anything else.   Keep increasing your deposit with Capital One secured card so you have a high limit when it unsecures.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.