cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalone responding to an email inquiry I sent, question?

tag
MrMurphyBrown
Regular Contributor

Re: Capitalone responding to an email inquiry I sent, question?

@ddemari wrote:

Ya I have a bady from 2008 and 2010 when I was in college. Charge off with a 300 dollar limit capital card. I paid one off and the other let age because it is almost seven years. I have a great payment history and low utilization across the board on different cards. I am just afraid to ask them for a  favor when I burned them in the past but it has been a long time and I have been responsible with these accounts for over 2 years. 

Also, when they originally pulled my credit for these cards my credit score was bad about 570, fast forward 3 years and I am at 670 Equi, 690 transunion and 680 Experian.

Ill see what they say tomorrow! thanks again! 

Is the Capital One charge-off still showing on your report?  If so, would you be willing to pay the balance in full?  Just be prepared in case they ask if it's shown on your report -- again, the more willing you are to negotiate, the more willing they will be.  If it were me and I had that showing, I'd volunteer to pay it and say "My credit portfolio has grown significantly since that charge off and I would like to resolve that matter by paying in full while we are addressing my concerns with this account...I think this would be an amicable agreement for both parties..."  They may not want payment because it's a hassle for them to reopen the books from years ago, but it's the point that you offer if they mention it -- but be sincere in what you say, if you volunteer to pay it, they may expect you to.

You could also suggest that you pay that account, they delete it from your report & then addres your concerns with these existing accounts.  That would get you into the 700 club most likely.

Several other cards in the sock drawer. A few late payments that are legit from a few years ago. I may get motivated while in the garden to contend with Synchrony and try to get a good will deletion. Utilization and inquiries are my main score dings. I tend to sit in the 650-680 range most of the time because I love hitting "apply" buttons.
Message 21 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is a good tactic. Both accounts are still showing on equifax report. I am not able to pay in full the amounts but maybe they can work out something with me to rectify those accounts and address the limit increase after cleaned up, like you mentioned.
Message 22 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

Just an update on my eo success was amazing! They called me thursday, i asked
For a 1000 bump on 4
Of my qs master cards. Went from 1250 to 2250 when i looked this am and all annual fees returned. I should have asked for more but got a luv button cli about 2 months so thought i shouldn't be greedy. But amazing success!!
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.