Regular Contributor
cowboyguy

Card Benefits

With every CC, I receive a summary of benefits (warranty protection, car rental insurance etc). I'm feel too lazy to read through them. Are they worth reading?

I'm traveling to NYC this tonight & have booked a rental car using my Amex Delta card. Does this card provide me any benefit on car rental insurance? If yes, what kind of insurance it is? I don't nee to get any other kind of rental insurance from the dealer?
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Senior Contributor
Ron1

Re: Card Benefits

[ Edited ]

Yes, it does. You need to check with Amex what it coverage. I need to pay $25.00 extra for rental car insurance coverage for Amex PR. It covers more things than basic. Here is the link for the extra car rental insurance coverage:

https://www295.americanexpress.com/premium/car-rental-insurance-coverage/home.do?intlink=premiumprot...

Ron.

Contributor
BearOSO

Re: Card Benefits

I hope this helps, as well - An article with a graph which shows what is covered by the major credit cards and what is not. 

Starting Score: 656 12/2012
Current Score: FICO (USAA pulled) EXP:678 | myFICO EQ:676 | myFICO TU:685 | App free since 2/1/2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+