cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebration of Gardening - Ready For Another American Express?

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Celebration of Gardening - Ready For Another American Express?

Thanks again for visiting my question!

I'm coming up to my 1 year Anniversary for my American Express Zync card, I use this card everyday and haven't touched any other of my cards during the mean time.

I read previously that after having an account open with American Express for 1 year will allow you the opportunity (even more maybe) to be approved for another American Express card, is that true?

If so, I can't seem to decide what card to even apply for? I'm not trying to find a super extravagant card, just an everyday card would be perfect. 

Which is why I am eyeing their American Express Blue Cash card, can anyone share their history with AmEx and their approval rates/scores/limits during their application approval?

I also am thinking of applying for just another prime card to kick out First Premiere, Orchard and whatnot out of my life! 

Are my chances better with Citi or CHASE? What cards are best for everyday with them as well?

Here is my entire credit report for help.

I. AAoA: 2.5 years

II. No Baddies whatsoever

III. INQs (1 year span):

(EQ) 2 

(EX) 0

(TU) 2

IV. 25% UTL rate

V. Fako scores;

(EQ) 685

(EX) 698

(TU) 710

I also plan on purchasing my real Fico Scores (except EX, I heard you can't get the official score since 2009?) before applying so I know for sure. 

Thanks again for everyones help! Much love from California!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Celebration of Gardening - Ready For Another American Express?

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

I'm coming up to my 1 year Anniversary for my American Express Zync card, I use this card everyday and haven't touched any other of my cards during the mean time.

I read previously that after having an account open with American Express for 1 year will allow you the opportunity (even more maybe) to be approved for another American Express card, is that true?

If so, I can't seem to decide what card to even apply for? I'm not trying to find a super extravagant card, just an everyday card would be perfect. 

Which is why I am eyeing their American Express Blue Cash card, can anyone share their history with AmEx and their approval rates/scores/limits during their application approval?

I also am thinking of applying for just another prime card to kick out First Premiere, Orchard and whatnot out of my life! 

Are my chances better with Citi or CHASE? What cards are best for everyday with them as well?

III. INQs (1 year span):

(EQ) 2 

(EX) 0

(TU) 2

IV. 25% UTL rate

V. Fako scores;

(EQ) 685

(EX) 698

(TU) 710

I also plan on purchasing my real Fico Scores (except EX, I heard you can't get the official score since 2009?) before applying so I know for sure. 

amex does EX, but it would help to see ur fico's,,, what do u spend money on mostly?

Message 2 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

OP I think you are looking good for an AMEX Blue since you have already had a 1 yr relationship with AMEX

Message 3 of 8
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

III. INQs (1 year span):

(EQ) 2 

(EX) 0

(TU) 2

IV. 25% UTL rate

V. Fako scores;

(EQ) 685

(EX) 698

(TU) 710

amex does EX, but it would help to see ur fico's,,, what do u spend money on mostly?

I use it for eating out, clothes, shopping, everything except in some cases gas and groceries. Some grocery locations near me don't take credit at all and when they do, I use my card, and even for gas, some stations charge an additional .20 cents per gallon for gas when using credit, so sometimes I will use my debit card instead. But everything else, all on my AmEx! I love the card!

Message 4 of 8
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

OP I think you are looking good for an AMEX Blue since you have already had a 1 yr relationship with AMEX

Wow really? So having that year relationship with AmEx really does help then? I'm excited! I want to apply in March, just to let my scores improve a bit more just in case!

Message 5 of 8
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Wow really? So having that year relationship with AmEx really does help then? I'm excited! I want to apply in March, just to let my scores improve a bit more just in case!

i would say for u the amex BCE

Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Regardless of what card you apply for, Jan is always a good month to apply for backdating purposes ~ good luck !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

BCE without AF or BCP with a $75 AF

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.