Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ceiling/PC

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Ceiling/PC

@jamesdwi wrote:

Once you have Chase for a year, they will most likely give you a higher internal credit limit, unless you have recent baddies on your report or  low income. Your curent cards have a lower limit and will grow over time with CLI requests or perhaps auto-cli's if you are lucky.

Thanks...so I've heard that Chase is stingy with auto CLI.  So my question is, if they do their review and all, does not receiving an Auto CLI necessarily mean that they didn't increase your "internal" CL? 

Message 11 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I would say that not receiving an auto CLI on account review doesn't have much to do with your internal limit being reached or increased. They seem to be sort of "random" with auto-CLI's as well. I have seen many people on these boards say they didn't get a auto CLI, but apped for a new card, and got it with a decent limit.

For example, I got a Freedom and CSP last June/July. Both were used regularly, but i carried a balance for a while on the Freedom (0% for 15 mos for purchases). The Freedom got a auto-CLI of 2.2k in December. The CSP to date has received no auto CLI. I recently apped for The Chase Marriott, and was approved with a 15.1 k limit. That brings my total limits with Chase to 41k.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree current doesn't really predict future with Chase unless you just got denied within a month or something.  My partner has a $1500 Freedom that was opened for $1k when he financed his auto like 5 years ago... it auto cli to $1500 sometime almost 3 years ago and sat... it NEVER fit his credit portfolio but he never really used it and I rarely do (currently finishing out the Lowes thing while moving!) Anyway back 4 months ago or what not he did the pre-qual on Chase.com and was offered Slate with 0% and no BT fee and applied and was instantly approved $9k.

Message 13 of 17
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I agree current doesn't really predict future with Chase unless you just got denied within a month or something.  My partner has a $1500 Freedom that was opened for $1k when he financed his auto like 5 years ago... it auto cli to $1500 sometime almost 3 years ago and sat... it NEVER fit his credit portfolio but he never really used it and I rarely do (currently finishing out the Lowes thing while moving!) Anyway back 4 months ago or what not he did the pre-qual on Chase.com and was offered Slate with 0% and no BT fee and applied and was instantly approved $9k.

I jus ran through the pre-qual tool on the Chase site and received no offers.  I guess that means i'm not held in very high regard with them after all...

Message 14 of 17
flyingace
Valued Member

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I jus ran through the pre-qual tool on the Chase site and received no offers.  I guess that means i'm not held in very high regard with them after all...

I really don't think that means much... in the grand scheme of things.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 15 of 17
flyingace
Valued Member

I never had any pre-quals, but got approved for Freedom.

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 16 of 17
brokenpipe
Established Member

I have three Chase cards.

Amazon @ 4K

Slate @ 9K

CSP @ 23K

Opened in that order as well (Amazon & Slate on the same weekend). 

763 Experian / 770 Equifax / 790 TU

AMEX Blue (AU) - 25K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 23K | AMEX TrueEarnings - 22.5K | BoA Alaska Air Sig Visa - 20K | Chase Slate - 9K | Barclaycard Ring - 6.3K | Citi Thank You Premier - 5K | Discover IT - 5K | Amazon Visa Rewards - 4K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.