Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve *App Links Currently Dead*

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve: Application Live

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Gut puch. Watch when it launches, half of us will be denied and the other half will get 5k spending limits with a 4k spend requirement. lol

Minimum limit is $10k.

The only exception to the minimum limit is if you PC to the reserve from a CSP. 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 61 of 182
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called (the CSP number) and asked a few questions and it seemed the rep had no idea what I was talking about. I asked for the card to be expodited but she said she couldn't do anything until it showed in their system. It shows up on my chase site so not sure how they can't see it on their end.

Would love for it to be expodited since I'm about to book a cruise for me and a few people (the others will pay me back and I'll instantly meet the spend). 

Message 62 of 182
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Yeah. I'm having reservations now about applying. I JUST got back from a vacation in Europe. Perfect timing. I have no plans to spend that much cash. ANd expecially not at 16.24%. Though i have wanted a CSP for years, it seems as though this reserve card is easier to get for some reason which is tempting. I've always liked the UR point system. 

I mean I do have spend over $1000/month that I could throw at the card. Decisions, decisions. 

I wouldn't say the reserve is easier to get. It was an accident that the app went live early. It seems the UW for anyone that apped today was an accident as well. When the card actually goes live on 8/21 I think it will be a different story and any data points from todays apps should be taken with a grain of salt.

If this is the case, then that's is a MAJOR mistake on Chase's part. If you "accidently" let a link go live, why all the approvals? Why not lock down UW decisions just in case the link is seen instead of allegedly approving anyone and everyone who saw it (a lot of people were approved regardless of the 5/24 rule)?

Here's an idea, when people submit an app, have a message saying "OOps, this card is not yet available. Please re-apply in 5 days." This "release" seems like it wasn't an accident but was planned.  I mean even the CSR's didn't communicate to anyone that their request would be denied or canceled because of this "accident." 

I work in IT, when you prepare a site to go live, you don't turn on EVERYTHING even down the CSR level. You block credit hits, approval systems, email responses, etc. Better still, Chase can't afford a closed test environment? Smiley Happy What the public should have seen is a page that looks live, but behind the scenes, nothing works.

ANother reason why I think it was on purpose, the CSR's should have been clueless if it was a mistake. It soiunds like they were prepared for it. I heard nothing about apologies and not being able to process apps at this time. It was just business as usual.

If it was an accident, I could see the site going live a few hours before August 21st. Not almost a week in advance. 

Just my opinion. 

Message 63 of 182
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Gut puch. Watch when it launches, half of us will be denied and the other half will get 5k spending limits with a 4k spend requirement. lol

Minimum limit is $10k.

Really? Haven't even seen a dp from anyone who PCd and don't think that was even possible today. Where did you see this?

Message 64 of 182
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adelphi_sky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Yeah. I'm having reservations now about applying. I JUST got back from a vacation in Europe. Perfect timing. I have no plans to spend that much cash. ANd expecially not at 16.24%. Though i have wanted a CSP for years, it seems as though this reserve card is easier to get for some reason which is tempting. I've always liked the UR point system. 

I mean I do have spend over $1000/month that I could throw at the card. Decisions, decisions. 

I wouldn't say the reserve is easier to get. It was an accident that the app went live early. It seems the UW for anyone that apped today was an accident as well. When the card actually goes live on 8/21 I think it will be a different story and any data points from todays apps should be taken with a grain of salt.

If this is the case, then that's is a MAJOR mistake on Chase's part. If you "accidently" let a link go live, why all the approvals? Why not lock down UW decisions just in case the link is seen instead of allegedly approving anyone and everyone who saw it (a lot of people were approved regardless of the 5/24 rule)?

Here's an idea, when people submit an app, have a message saying "OOps, this card is not yet available. Please re-apply in 5 days." This "release" seems like it wasn't an accident but was planned.  I mean even the CSR's didn't communicate to anyone that their request would be denied or canceled because of this "accident." 

I work in IT, when you prepare a site to go live, you don't turn on EVERYTHING even down the CSR level. You block credit hits, approval systems, email responses, etc. Better still, Chase can't afford a closed test environment? Smiley Happy What the public should have seen is a page that looks live, but behind the scenes, nothing works.

ANother reason why I think it was on purpose, the CSR's should have been clueless if it was a mistake. It soiunds like they were prepared for it. I heard nothing about apologies and not being able to process apps at this time. It was just business as usual.

If it was an accident, I could see the site going live a few hours before August 21st. Not almost a week in advance. 

Just my opinion. 

A member here stated that he went into a local Chase branch and spoke to the Branch Manager who contacted Chase card services who admitted this release was an "accident" Whether this was a "planned accident" or not remains to be seen or we may never know. However, none of this information proves that the CSR is easier to get than the CSP. 

Message 65 of 182
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adelphi_sky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Just my opinion. 

This right here is the truth folks.  We did a case study in business school on companies rolling out products prior to advertised dates and such variables.

Message 66 of 182
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Just my opinion. 

I have a feeling this was intentional by Chase to generate some buzz.

Message 67 of 182
redpat
Senior Contributor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Just my opinion. 

IMO, it was on purpose, they don't want what happened to Citi on Costco roll-out to happen to them.

It's just like a restaurant doing a soft opening.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 68 of 182
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Just my opinion. 

I have a feeling this was intentional by Chase to generate some buzz.

Exactly.  This was not a mistake at all.  The CSR I spoke with to expedite the shipping of my card could not have been more "business as usual".

Message 69 of 182
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

Minimum limit is $10k.

Really? Haven't even seen a dp from anyone who PCd and don't think that was even possible today. Where did you see this?

I have confirmed this with two Chase bankers, I specifically asked them about PC'ing a CSP to Reserve, they both said you can do that if the CSP at least a year old.

Message 70 of 182
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.