Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve loses Priority Pass Restaurants

tag
swankytiger
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserve loses Priority Pass Restaurants

From One mile at a time:

“As of July 1, 2024, you will no longer have access to restaurants, cafes, and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network as part of the Priority Pass Select Benefit associated with your card. Access to Priority Pass Select’s network of lounges and other select airport experiences is not impacted by this update.”

Also applies to the Ritz-Carlton card and the JP Morgan Reserve card.

Main Card Setup

Sock Drawer

Chopping Block
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve loses Priority Pass Restaurants

It seems like the CC options for PP are tightening up. The Amex Hilton Surpass card lost PP altogether a few months back.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 2 of 11
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Sorry to everyone that are losing perks.

Message 3 of 11
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

CSR priority pass restaurant benefit nerfed

Anybody else see that Chase is getting rid of the priority pass restaurant benefit. Anybody gonna change their wallet up because of this? 

also, what other changes do you think will happen with the CSR? 

thinking of PCing my CSP but I'm not sure now. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 4 of 11
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

I just literally made a thread about this lol. I zoomed right past this when seeing if someone had made a thread. 

any speculations on what other changes Chase might have in store? 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 5 of 11
Carrington59
Established Member

I imagine there is going to be a significant shakeup to the benefits coming this year. Instacart credit ends in June and Doordash credit ends in December. They weren't the most useful (IMO) but, outside of those, there is really only the $300 travel credit to help offset the $550 annual fee, leaving you $250 in the hole still. As the Venture X and AMEX Platinum can potentially offset their AF with credits alone (depending on normal spending habits), I would imagine Chase revamps the CSR to offer a more competitive credit package in comparison to those cards.

Gardening Since: 07/2023 (0/6, 4/12, 11/24)

Current Cards:

Potential Future Cards:

Message 6 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Personally I find this much ado about nothing.  Amex cut the restaurant benefit for Priority Pass years ago due to widespread abuse and I am shocked it took Chase this long.  How many people traveling are actually regularly using this benefit at pre-security restaurants rather than for post-security lounges?  I've never once used it for anything other than lounges.  You know who does, though?  People who live close to major airports and can have an entire business meeting at a decent restaurant for just the cost of 2 hours of parking.

Message 7 of 11
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Certainly makes the card much less interesting for me. Now I need to decide how valuable their enhanced travel protection is over Venture X, and how their lounge locations work for me. Currently, their lounges seem focused on American Airlines cities, with San Diego (no real dominant airline) and Las Vegas as the only exceptions.

Message 8 of 11
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Personally I find this much ado about nothing.

You do not care about this because you have never used it?

Amex cut the restaurant benefit for Priority Pass years ago due to widespread abuse and I am shocked it took Chase this long.

That was what AmEx said, or simply speculation?

How many people traveling are actually regularly using this benefit at pre-security restaurants rather than for post-security lounges?

I only find one landslide restaurant on the U.S. list of restaurants: https://onemileatatime.com/guides/priority-pass-restaurants/#which_us_airport_restaurants_participat...

I've never once used it for anything other than lounges.

I know quite a few people in Portland who use it when they cannot use the United Club (flying on Alaska without status)

You know who does, though? People who live close to major airports and can have an entire business meeting at a decent restaurant for just the cost of 2 hours of parking.

You know this based on what? Given that in the U.S. unless they were in Tucson, everyone would need a ticket to get through security, and at least the person who was using it would need a ticket to even get the benefit. I just do not think that there are that many people would jump through the hoops to make it work, just to save at most $56.

Message 9 of 11
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Personally I find this much ado about nothing.  Amex cut the restaurant benefit for Priority Pass years ago due to widespread abuse and I am shocked it took Chase this long.  How many people traveling are actually regularly using this benefit at pre-security restaurants rather than for post-security lounges?  I've never once used it for anything other than lounges.  You know who does, though?  People who live close to major airports and can have an entire business meeting at a decent restaurant for just the cost of 2 hours of parking.

Too funny.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.