Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Trifecta

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Trifecta

@baller4life wrote:
I'm definitely going for the trifecta. Already have Freedom. Will be apping FU and CSP when I leave the garden. Smiley Wink

I have so many chase cards I can have it right now. I am asking for my Slate to be a PC to the FU and might PC my CS back into a CSP but im not sure about that. I do like AA and hilton which I believe aren't part of UR portal with chase Smiley Sad

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 30
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just curious how all my cash back fans feel about this set up. Chase Freedom for categorical spending, Freedom Unlimited non-categorical spending, CSP for point conversion and that beautiful 50,000 start up bonus. The only other card I could see having would be the Citi Double Cash as an alternative non-categorical spender. Are any of you guys going the trifecta route or do you prefer to have a mix of banks in your wallet?

I think it's a nice, versatile setup but the fact is that there are very few people who are going to be able to obtain all 3 without a very long wait due to the 5/24 rule. It's more like people will either have their existing CSP and maybe a Freedom Unlimited if they PC a Freedom.

I'm into cash rewards pretty much, so the trifecta does nohing for me, but if you're a big traveler and can use the CSP transfer partners, then Freedom/ FU/CSP is a great combo to have. Again, though, going to be hard/impossible if you open new accounts often, and rules out a huge chunk of people who would otherwise want it.

By the time 5/24 expires for many people, including myself if I were interested, the offerings will almost certainly have changed again in some way, so it's hard to say what I will do that far into the future.

Oh I smell another nerf on the CSP in the next year or so... 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think that is the "trifecta" everyone is thinking about.....

It's supposed to be Freedom, CSP, and an Ink Cash (or Plus).

Now with the Freedom Unlimited, its 4 cards.

Message 13 of 30
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not all of us can have the Ink, even within 5/24 Smiley Sad 

Message 14 of 30
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are any of you guys going the trifecta route or do you prefer to have a mix of banks in your wallet?

Those aren't the only UR cards and those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Currently undecided on the Unlimited.  1.5x sounds good on paper but that's really just 0.5x more versus the standard Freedom.  Have you actually run the numbers for your spend to see what that difference is in dollars for you?

Have you actually looked into redemptions with UR and the transfer partners to ensure that you can maximize point value and that you wouldn't be better off with a different rewards program?

Message 15 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I sometimes wonder why the Ink is tossed around as if it's an option for the majority. Not everyone is eligible for it. It's a business card.

I would be leery of the "4 card" thing...that's a lot of eggs in one basket/system. Kind of a moot point though as unless you are  going to garden almost entirely for 2 years, 5/24 will prevent the "quad fecta".

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wife is at 1/24 just for occasions like this
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the trifecta now and I am really happy about it. Cold apped for the CSP today and was approved!! I couldnt resist Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly beyond the bonus I don't know how useful the CSP is. I have several cards that offer rewards on the same level. I would do the CSP for the bonus and then PC it down the road to the FU. I'd rather leave the CL that CSP would take up open to use for other co-branded cards but that's just me. 

Message 19 of 30
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Personally, I'm not interested in the CSP, primarily b/c of the AF and high APR (2 definite no-gos for me).  I already have enough no-AF 2% and 1.5% cashback and travel cards with lower APRs in my existing card collection to offset any advantages that a new CSP card could confer for me, and the lower APR cards allow me to carry a balance if I need or decide to.  I already have a Freedom but hardly ever use it, b/c I'm not very happy with the high double-digit APR.  The new Chase FU card does look interesting, and I may possibly consider PC'ing my Slate, to it.

J/c, does anyone know if the no-AF Chase Sapphire (non-Preferred version) is any good?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.