cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Diamond Preferred? or Citi ThankYou?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferred? or Citi ThankYou?

Hi all,

I am gonna apply another card from Citi. I already have Citi Dividend Select with $4000 CL for about 11 months(10 statements out), and always PIF.

So I am researching the other two type cards from Citi.

Whats Diamond good at? it look like no much reward from this card, just some special ticket for member.

As to Thank You point, there are two kinds of, Citi ThankYouPreferred Card and Citi ForwardCard, which one is better? Didn't see too much different between them.

Thank you

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Diamond Preferred? or Citi ThankYou?

Well, I just apped for the Citi Diamond Preferred yesterday for 2600cl.  I got it just to increase my utilization (pretty much sd it), but I heard great things about the Citi TY.  I also have the Citi Plat Select, not much reward, just 0% for 21 months.  I will app for either Citi Forward/Simplicity/TY in 21 months for another BT.  Go with the Citi TY....then again, other may disagree here...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 2 of 4
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hello, I too just applied and was approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred.  I needed a card with a relatively low APR and a good BT offer.  Very happy with this card approval. 

With regards to your question, I think the Citi Plat Select card you have is pretty similar to the Diamond Preferred Card already. 

The TY card or Forward would be a better fit for you if you are looking for a rewards card.

The Forward has a smaller bonus offer for applying and offers 12 month 0% APR for both purchases and BT.  The TY card doesn't have a purchase of BT promo APR but offers a bigger signing bonus (25000 pts) for applying if you meet the $2000 in purchases in the first 3 months.  BTW, the Forward card does have a signing bonus of 10000 pts if you go with paperless statements and spend $650.  The rewards are good for both cards and pretty similar.  Anniversary bonus points.  Points for staying in limits and paying on time and also APR reductions for good behavior.  Both have APRs ranging from 12.99% to 22.99% based on credit worthiness. 

Personally, I would probably apply for the TY card if you can meet the $2000 threshold within the first 3 months. 

Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 4
stone
Regular Contributor

thanks for all the reply.

i will go with citi forward...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.