Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige

Was wondering if the 4th hotel night benefit only on hotel stays booked through citi or through hotel websites as well?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige

Use the Citi TY website, or call the concierge (which may be necessary if the website doesn't have the hotel). Don't book something at a place like marriott.com and expect Citi to retroactively offer a credit.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 14
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

If you want hotel website, call the concierge and they'll book you the website rate. don't do it yourself.

Message 3 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@go_FICO_selfwrote:

If you want hotel website, call the concierge and they'll book you the website rate. don't do it yourself.

The concierge can access pretty much any rate you could otherwise book online and (at least in most cases) add a frequent guest membership number to the reservation.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is, how helpful and competent is the concierge service? I've never used one to book a hotel before...

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious whether these bookings are treated by the hotel as 3rd party bookings like hotels.com - my understanding is that they don't handle them the same. Apparently some hotels have specific rooms for 3rd party bookings and will show general preference to those who book directly with the hotel. Not sure how accurate that is though, just something I read
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks was considering PC’ing to this. I can use the 4th night 4x a year.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I'm curious whether these bookings are treated by the hotel as 3rd party bookings like hotels.com - my understanding is that they don't handle them the same. Apparently some hotels have specific rooms for 3rd party bookings and will show general preference to those who book directly with the hotel. Not sure how accurate that is though, just something I read

Your point in this post is of most interest to me! Other than potential points is the pricing difference in rooms reserved directly through the hotel or some other site different enough to by pass the credit card requirements and plain obtain the room I want at a better price? In reading many posts I never see this question or any related responses?!

Message 8 of 14
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Your point in this post is of most interest to me! Other than potential points is the pricing difference in rooms reserved directly through the hotel or some other site different enough to by pass the credit card requirements and plain obtain the room I want at a better price? In reading many posts I never see this question or any related responses?!

I have this question, too.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

They aren’t handled like 3rd party sites like hotels.com.  When booking with any concierge service like Citi’s or Amex’s FHR you’re getting either the same level or even better service than going directly to the hotel.  Have used both many times and never look back.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.