Established Contributor
dodgeball

Citibank really really hates me! Okay they kind of like me a little bit!

[ Edited ]

Not only did I receive one rejection letter they sent another a couple of weeks later to tell me that I am not qualified to carry there card! I dont know what gives with citi to be honest I apped with a 707 score. Wow what a hard nut to crack they are. 

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Regular Contributor
rudy0720

Re: Citibank really really hates me!

wow, they do. They love me. Gave me 5 cards in 2012 with a 9 year old BK still showing. I did not burn Citi during the BK hoever and had a 750 when I got the cards

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Valued Contributor
chnceit

dodgeball wrote:

Not only did I receive one rejection letter they sent another a couple of weeks later to tell me that I am not qualified to carry there card! I dont know what gives with citi to be honest I apped with a 707 score. Wow what a hard nut to crack they are. 

Did you have a balance reporting on any card? They will deny people who doesnt report a balance. What did you letter state for denial?

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
dodgeball

chnceit wrote:

dodgeball wrote:

Did you have a balance reporting on any card? They will deny people who doesnt report a balance. What did you letter state for denial?

Nope had a balance to many inquirys with a grand total of 3. I really want the AA card though, Im going to hit them up as soon as my score hits 730

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Valued Contributor
chnceit

dodgeball wrote:

chnceit wrote:

dodgeball wrote:

Nope had a balance to many inquirys with a grand total of 3. I really want the AA card though, Im going to hit them up as soon as my score hits 730

Are you serious 3 WOW! Yeah CITI can be very strange. Did you recon? Young recon his Diamond Preferred and was approved after a long (over a month or so) wait. 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
dodgeball

Its a battle between me and citi

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Established Contributor
djrez4

There must be something else they don't like.  I was approved for two Citi cards w/ $10,000 limits last week at a 702 EX FICO with seven inquiries in the last six months.

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Citi is indeed very strange. I had maybe three on Equifax and was denied for too many inquiries. I applied a while later and they looked at Experian which had about 15? and they approved two cards. Experian has a much higher score than Equifax for me, even though it has a lot more inquiries.

Established Contributor
dodgeball

Makes my stomach turn to be honest 

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Established Contributor
dodgeball

So I was mad and for no sense what so ever I decided to app again for the AA card, Instant approval for 2 grand ! Kind of wierd that it was such a low limit but I got my foot in the door. Now back to the garden, I guess this june going to ask them to match my USAA cards.

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}