Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLD

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity CLD

@peghede wrote:

no one should have missing payments...you keep few banks with money ....no excuse to blame fraud.takes time  and hard work and perfection to have it all.especially when u care about u credit lines and credit.

sorry m8  about u cld but you did it to uself.

What makes you think she didn't care about her credit?  Judge much?  Not everyone has that flexibility or the option to fund or have several bank accounts at their disposal.  I'm sure the OP is fully aware of the toll this took on her accounts as a result of said fraud instance and will likely have better safeguards to prevent it from happening again.  And, for all intents and purposes, let's say the perpetrator drained both of her bank accounts (two banks)... should she have 3, 4, 5, 6 bank accounts with six different banks?

Message 11 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

5k which will be paid off next month but I use them frequently for their rewards system and financing.

Message 12 of 23
peghede
Valued Contributor

yes sir.

8 accounts work.banks/cu.

Message 13 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Finstar!

I've been in these forums for 10 years. Credit is very important to me. If you've ever had total loss of your finances you would understand. All of my accounts wiped and my credit cards hacked. So for the first time in several years I missed my payments by 12 days.....

Message 14 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@peghede wrote:

yes sir.

8 accounts work.banks/cu.

The OP initiated a thread about the CLD and next steps to regain those CLs, not to be judged on how she handled her fraud situation.  Or be told she needs 8 different banks/CUs to prevent this from happening.

Message 15 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I didn't miss my other payments with my other banks just Comenity since I pay those all in one day at the begining of each month when the fraud took place. My credit is still in tact just frozen now. 

Message 16 of 23
peghede
Valued Contributor

ok sir..excuse me for not sugar coated...

Message 17 of 23
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I do happen to bank with USAA and my credit union for work with American. My USAA checking accounts all 3 got hacked and my savings. They are still working on it! 

Message 18 of 23
peghede
Valued Contributor

i would move my banking away from usaa . hope u get u money back soon..

Message 19 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

I do happen to bank with USAA and my credit union for work with American. My USAA checking accounts all 3 got hacked and my savings. They are still working on it! 

Definitely not a pleasant situation to go through for anyone.  It's something you don't fortget.  Sorry to hear about the fraud.  This happened to my uncle a while back.  A sophisticated fraud ring (which eventually all were aprehended since the FBI was involved) hacked into sevral of his checkings, savings and some brokerage accounts, not to mention his credit cards.  All told, $72K drained from his accounts (all recouped) and $32K in attempted charges.  BTW, as far as his checking/savings/brokerage - that was 3, not 1, 3 different banks.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.