Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit analysts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit analysts

Are credit analysts able to overcome any restrictions that are placed by the computers? Like how are credit analysts able to do that and is that their primary task? I'm interested in how they perform their job.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit analysts

YMMV depending on company and situation.
Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit analysts

@Anonymous wrote:

Are credit analysts able to overcome any restrictions that are placed by the computers? Like how are credit analysts able to do that and is that their primary task? I'm interested in how they perform their job.

The UW varies by lender, their internal lending policies and guidelines.  While some exception can be made at times (not always), some analysts or UWs may need further review/sign-off from a department manager or senior UW if exceeding a specific threshold or to approve above the exception level.  The more conservative the lender, the less flexibility the UW folks would have to overturn any decision.  And, some lenders do not permit some UW teams to override or approve any exceptions (i.e. auto-declined applications, etc).  It just depends.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.