Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card acceptance without hard credit pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card acceptance without hard credit pull

I  applied and received a  new card  from American Express. I can find no record of an inquiry at any of the credit bureaus. Did they not inquire if  you have other American Express cards? Does that happen with other card issuers?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit card acceptance without hard credit pull

@Anonymous wrote:

I  applied and received a  new card  from American Express. I can find no record of an inquiry at any of the credit bureaus. Did they not inquire if  you have other American Express cards? Does that happen with other card issuers?

You will (almost) always get a HP if approved, usually with Amex it is a SP for existing cardholders if denied.    However, someone else also recently reported no HP on approval.

Where are you looking for the inquiry?  

Recently, NASA didn't do a HP for approvals, but that sort of thing is very much the exception.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

shopping cart trick ... 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently posted the same thing.

Looked on all 3 CB reports over 2 months later and... nothing.

Gave up wondering.

A mystery, but a good mystery at that.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, and what card was it for? Mine was for my Green Amex charge. Trying to figure out some sort of correlation between pulls.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax

American Express does not pull Equifax.  They solely pull Experian so you need to look there to see if they did an HP

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.