Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card for limited credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card for limited credit history

Yes, Correction it is Amazon store card.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined a big wireless chip making company in San Diego. BoA offers every employee there an unsecured credit card. They did pulled my Experian and Equifax report through. When I opened my savings and checking account with them, I was considered as a preferred customer. May be they feel that the employees of that company has good payment history and good relationship with BoA.

Message 12 of 19
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

All you need to go is ask them to do a product change to the World Mastercard Version, and than they will report the limit, they should keep your opening date and the history of the account . Even if they downgrade it to the platinum, they don't have Over the limit Fee and you get to keep the rewards so Who cares but they will report the limit. I would go with the MC version.It is on a same level...

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called BoA, CSR told me about this. I am thinking of maxing this card out near to its CL and pay it off in a week. I am due to travel abroad for couple of weeks in May/June time and I am thinking of booking flight tickets and make few purchases to bring it near it's limit and pay it off.

Message 14 of 19
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

If you got approved for Walmart Discover (backed by GE), you might get approved for another GE card.

You might try:

Chevron/Texaco Card

Lowes

JC Penney

Banana Republic

Gap

Old Navy

I would stop at 3 however as after you hit 3 cards with GE they start looking at you funny like maybe fraud. FYI Chevron and Banana Republic issue VISA versions of their cards if your scores are good enough.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for Discover IT yesterday and got it approved today. I applied online and It was not approved instantly. I called them today and was approved with CL of $1700.

Message 16 of 19
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! This was a great spree for you. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks !! This short APPing spree was not a cake walk as I wasted 2 HP's on Chase Freedom and Amex Costco. I could have visited this forum before applying this cards. I learnt a lesson through.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's raining credit cards for me. Cap 1 too approved me for Platinum mastercard with CL of $500. I really dont need any more credit cards and just for curiosity, I called their automated status check number 800-548-4593 and It was approved. Since it is a credit steps program, I will be eligible for automatic CLI to $750 with my 7th month statement. I confirmed that there wont be any annual fee for next year and subsequent years. Since last 2 weeks, I was approved of 4 credit cards Walmart Discover($700), Amazon($400), Discover IT($1700) and Cap1 Platinum($500). My score has taken a beating because of all these HP's and new accounts and my AAoA now is 0-3 months.  I checked my EQ score and report in their website and it is not even showing Discover IT and Cap 1. Right now my score has come down to 627 from 697 when I entered the garden for new cards.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.