cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Gold Amex - Benefits for Authorized User?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delta Gold Amex - Benefits for Authorized User?

Hey everyone, my dad is looking at getting a flight on Delta and I wondered if he would get any of the benefits if I make him an authorized user on my gold Delta Amex. I chatted with customer service and they said the authorized user does not get a free checked bag or priority boarding, but I got conflicting answers on the discounted lounge access, in the end they said the AU would get that benefit but I'm not sure I fully trust them. My dad may have to spend a while in connections so that would probably make it worthwhile if true.

Does anyone here have experience with an AU using their gold card flying Delta? As my answers from the chat weren't super clear I hoped maybe someone would know for sure.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Gold Amex - Benefits for Authorized User?

Gentle bump on this, just in case anyone online later has input to share. I'll let the thread go if not. Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why hello there! I'm sorry for the conflicting information you've received. To answer your question about the benefits, the primary Cardmember (you) must be flying with your father for him to receive the first bag free benefit. If he flies at least two round-trip flights per year, he may find it more beneficial to get his own card based on that benefit alone. As far as your father accessing the Sky Club on a day pass, he is indeed entitled to the discounted daily pass of $29 when paying with that Gold Delta card.

I hope this helps!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That definitely helps, thank you! It's very cool to see an employee on the forums. Smiley Happy

Regarding the day pass for Sky Club, is that the normal access that is purchased there at the entrance of the lounge, or is it a special type of pass that must be purchased elsewhere? I assume it's standard but just hoping to confirm as the day pass wording has come up before and sounds like it could be a specific option.

Also, with regard to priority boarding, I assume that will be the same as the free bag, as in, he will not receive it as an authorized user unless flying with me?

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - it is just a standard day pass purchased at the desk in the Sky Club. The agent will just charge the discounted $29 instead of $59 when using the Gold Delta Card.

You're also correct in that Zone 1 Priority Boarding is restricted to the Basic Card Member and travellers on their itinerary - supplementary Card Members do not get this benefit when travelling on their own.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay cool, I'm glad to have that cleared up. Thanks again for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.