cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

My statement #7 just cut and I'm trying to figure out how long I have before I know whether or not I graduated.

For those who have graduated, how long after your statement did you see a sign of graduation e.g., email, auto-CLI, etc.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco Data Points: How long after a statement did your card unsecure?

Opened in Feb of 2016, Unsecured at end of Oct 2016. so 8 statements had been cut.  No email or anything, I noticed an auto-CLI and hopped on chat to inquire about it and they told me then.  I was one of the first to get unsecured when they started the whole 7 statments thing so it might be different now.  I did get a letter in the mail about a week after i noticed the auto-CLI

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened in Feb of 2016, Unsecured at end of Oct 2016. so 8 statements had been cut.  No email or anything, I noticed an auto-CLI and hopped on chat to inquire about it and they told me then.  I was one of the first to get unsecured when they started the whole 7 statments thing so it might be different now.  I did get a letter in the mail about a week after i noticed the auto-CLI

How long from the statement cut to noticing the CLI?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement ends on the 27th of the month, when I logged in on the 28th to see how much cashback I had earned, I noticed the CLI then.

Message 4 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that sucks to read. I mean, congrats to you and all but I opened mine the same time and still secured so I guess there is something else spooking them. Well, atleast I know now its not a time thing. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that sucks to read. I mean, congrats to you and all but I opened mine the same time and still secured so I guess there is something else spooking them. Well, atleast I know now its not a time thing. 

Since you said your statement only showed up last night I wouldn't give up hope yet. According to here "@many posters showing conversion @ 7 months + a week or so after statement" so I'm not totally deflated yet. A couple other folk on here say "a day or two". I see one other saying "3 days after". I wonder if the reviews are by an analyst and not just the computer. Don't give up the ship yet!

Message 6 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you said your statement only showed up last night I wouldn't give up hope yet. According to here "@many posters showing conversion @ 7 months + a week or so after statement" so I'm not totally deflated yet. A couple other folk on here say "a day or two". I see one other saying "3 days after". I wonder if the reviews are by an analyst and not just the computer. Don't give up the ship yet!

Disco told me it was totally automated. My FIC had a 35 pt jump a few days ago but not in time for this. If anything I will keep hope alive until next statement. If it doesn't graduate at that time, I will throw a temper tantrum. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If your signature is current, your scores alone look good enough to have it unsecure (my TU was at like 640 when I unsecured), but if Im reading that right, youre using 32% of 96k in available credit? Thats probably whats holding them back from graduating you

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Disco told me it was totally automated. My FIC had a 35 pt jump a few days ago but not in time for this. If anything I will keep hope alive until next statement. If it doesn't graduate at that time, I will throw a temper tantrum. lol

I was told the same but I'm not sure if they mean automatic as in you don't have to do anything or automatic as in they don't have to do anything haha. Funny thing is I just got a DFS letter in my mail today and I hurriedly ripped it open but it was a follow-up that they corrected something on my EX CR (My first card was lost in the mail but still listed with no activity).

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I get to share my data point now (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Disco-GRADUATION-PARTY/m-p/4876042)

Rep today told me I graduated the day after my statement cut. Still not showing in my account I'll update when it does.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.