Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CSR

I called Discover twice today and got the same CSR both times!

Is this something astronomimcal or does their phone system try to match you back up somehow calling from the same number?

Either way, I'm never less-than-impressed with Discover customer service.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover CSR

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this something astronomimcal or does their phone system try to match you back up somehow calling from the same number?

It wouldn't be a primary call distribution method for inbound, and is a little bit dubious anyway even if multiple agents are available as typically I would want a repeat caller going to someone else (just in case the first one didn't go well, it happens).

It was likely just plain random chance, but hey, if you're happy, you and Discover both win Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 16
webrobby
Established Member

I sell phone systems to call centers and this is definately a feature of modern business phone systems.  Kudos to Discover for activating the feature, as many a large company don't turn it on.

Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You sure it wasnt you calling yourself ala the Discover commercialsSmiley Wink Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
You sure it wasnt you calling yourself ala the Discover commercialsSmiley Wink Smiley Happy

Only you...AvgJoe. Thanks for the chuckle!Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

hahahaha maybe it was my long lost twin I don't even know Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Murphy's Law ...

Message 7 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

webrobby provided one possible answer, but even if were random chance, don't think astronomimcal would be the right word!   Discover Financial had (in 2011) about 12K employees, presumbaly not all in the call centers, so with enough people calling twice, some of them will encounter the same person (and people don't tend to report "I called twice and got a different person each time"!)

Message 8 of 16
Gggmen
Valued Member

Discover csr are top notch imo. Seems like whenever call in no matter who picks up in whatever dept the service is superb. Funny i always get the Utah center.
Message 9 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

webrobby provided one possible answer, but even if were random chance, don't think astronomimcal would be the right word!   Discover Financial had (in 2011) about 12K employees, presumbaly not all in the call centers, so with enough people calling twice, some of them will encounter the same person (and people don't tend to report "I called twice and got a different person each time"!)

A thousand CSR's online at any given time for their volume perhaps?  Still a 1 in a million chance, maybe not astronomical but ain't exactly common Smiley Wink.

^^ Stupid math, it's 1/1000.  I hate probability.

        
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.