Valued Member
book1773

Discover Card Question

[ Edited ]

Does discover resport authorized users to the CRA? I am working on my credit

and have a relative who has a $1200 credit line with discover that will put me on as a AU.

I do have one trade account from JCP from 1996 still active with never a late payment. 

I just wanted to know if it would help my scoring out if I added it. Any feedback would be great

Also I signed up for Amex prepaid even though it does not report to the CRA

I was told that by getting a prepaid it is creating a relationship with Amex and since

they will have my SSN on file and if they see I spend alot they might let me in for a unsecured

once my fico score is within range.

Established Contributor
andre181

Re: Discover Card Question

Yes. Discover reports AU's.

My mom is an AU on my account and it shows up on her CRs.

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+