Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Doubles Cash Bonus for 12 Month

@thelethargicage wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Blah.

Not so enthused now.

Why?  You still get all the regular promotional cashback throughout the year and then a big payout in 13 months. 

Assuming Discover is still in business by then...

They will merge with AMEX by then. Smiley Wink

Message 91 of 543
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Blah.

Not so enthused now.

Why?  You still get all the regular promotional cashback throughout the year and then a big payout in 13 months. 

Assuming Discover is still in business by then...

They will merge with AMEX by then. Smiley Wink

Smiley Tongue

Message 92 of 543
northface28
Established Contributor

I just got on chat with them and the CSR said the offer isnt available on my account. I think this is a targeted offer.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 93 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

The offer shouldn't show as available for anyone until June 1st. At least thats what I was told.
Message 94 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TitaniumCash wrote:

Thanks, OP! What an exciting promotion, I wonder how many people know about it. How did you find out, BTW?

You're more than welcome. Once again, glad I could contribute. 

I call my CCs from time to time to see what kind of offers I have on my accounts. Given my spending and PIF I do get some perks once in a while. This time the Discover representative told me about this promotion, first thing I did was to go to myFico forums to see if you guys/gals already knew about this (most of the time I have read great advice on here) and since I did not see it I decided that it was time to contribute Smiley Happy 

Message 95 of 543
northface28
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TitaniumCash wrote:

Thanks, OP! What an exciting promotion, I wonder how many people know about it. How did you find out, BTW?

I call my CCs from time to time to see what kind of offers I have on my accounts. Given my spending and PIF I do get some perks once in a while. This time the Discover representative told me about this promotion, first thing I did was to go to myFico forums to see if you guys/gals already knew about this (most of the time I have read great advice on here) and since I did not see it I decided that it was time to contribute Smiley Happy 

My CSR is acting like shes got the codes for a space shuttle launch, shes not saying anything. Makes me think this offer isnt for everyone.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 96 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

cthu Well I guess we'll all see what happens together when we login or call on Monday. Smiley Very Happy
Message 97 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect.  I have something I need to buy from Amazon.com that is almost exactly $1500.  That was pretty annoying since it was over my 5% back Amazon Prime Card limit of $1,400.  I was waiting for a CLI.

Message 98 of 543
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@northface28 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TitaniumCash wrote:

My CSR is acting like shes got the codes for a space shuttle launch, shes not saying anything. Makes me think this offer isnt for everyone.

See chat screenshot on page 8.

Message 99 of 543
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TitaniumCash wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I had a really nice lady look into everything and take me through the whole process. She accidentally said "you will not earn anyhting until your statement cuts and then you will get the double cash back" I jokengly asked if she was serious about me not earning anything (as if that was a catch or something) and she corrected herself. 

Again, usually have held Discover CSRs to be quite nice so sorry you got one of "those". Maybe we broke them, given all the interest we have been showing Smiley Very Happy . Hope they don't stop advising us on the promotions given our level of interest Smiley Wink

Message 100 of 543
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.