Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Secured?

How would I go about getting the Discover IT Secured?

I have applied before and got denied for the Discover IT but, I didn't get the option for the Secured.

Is this something they don't offer anymore?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Secured?

They offer it but you need to be declined for the regular IT card first 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

The card is not offered to everyone who is declined unfortunatelySmiley Sad 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Should I try to apply for the Discover IT and see if they offer it to me?

Message 4 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

More info needed 

Scores (Fico)

Baddies

Other TL's 

AAoA

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 23
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

How long ago did you apply and do you have any other history? 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 23
Vivid
Valued Member

No. From what I read It doesn't unsecure. That makes it a no go if you ask me...Plus it sounds like you could waste a hard pull and still not get offered either.

Message 7 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah it is basically a counter offer when applying. In my opinion, not worth it to apply for anything if you think you're going to get denied. 

Back in the day (please someone correct me if this is no longer true) the BoA secured seemed to be the best secured card out there because it A) graduated, and B) you could get the 1-2-3 rewards on it. 

The cap1 card was also decent because (once again, correct me if I'm wrong) didn't report as a secured card, but rather as a regular credit card, so you could pop a good chunk of change into it and it would appear on your credit report as a regular credit card. 

Also, I believe SDFCU offered a secured card that didn't require a hard pull to acquire. Not sure if this is still the case. Perhaps some others could chime in. 

Message 8 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah it is basically a counter offer when applying. In my opinion, not worth it to apply for anything if you think you're going to get denied. 

Back in the day (please someone correct me if this is no longer true) the BoA secured seemed to be the best secured card out there because it A) graduated, and B) you could get the 1-2-3 rewards on it. 

The cap1 card was also decent because (once again, correct me if I'm wrong) didn't report as a secured card, but rather as a regular credit card, so you could pop a good chunk of change into it and it would appear on your credit report as a regular credit card. 

Also, I believe SDFCU offered a secured card that didn't require a hard pull to acquire. Not sure if this is still the case. Perhaps some others could chime in. 

Right on all 3 juscool

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 23
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

The Discover IT secured also graduates and you get the cash back on it. The only downside is if you're even lucky enough to get the counter offer you only have a short amount of time to accept which may limit the amount of money you can put on for the secured version...I think I only had two days to accept.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.