Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More CLI with soft pull

tag
BabyBlue
New Contributor

Discover More CLI with soft pull

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading the forums regularly. For all of you that have Discover More, there is a possibility to obtain a CLI with a soft pull. To do that, call the number on the back of the card and follow the prompts to ask for CLI. If the system determines you are eligible and does not connect you to a CSR, there will be no hard pull.

I called this week - my CL was 1500 (much lower than all my other cards), asked for CL 3000, and got 2000. It is still lower than all my other cards,  but I will take it. I had the card for 6 months with the last 4 of heavy usage and multiple large payments, but carried the balance over due to 0% apr. The balance on the card when I asked for CLI was around 450. When I tried to ask for CLI online, I got an error message due to a system error requesting me to call them. Hope it helps!

Edited to correct typos.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover More CLI with soft pull

Hi BabyBlue, just wondering if they also gave you a CLI after 3rd statement?
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 2 of 6
BabyBlue
New Contributor

No, they did not. No unsolicited love from Discover Smiley Happy I am not sure, maybe it is because in the first two months I had very little usage. 

Message 3 of 6
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! I decided to give this a shot and I got a $1500 increase (counter offer from $2000).

Message 4 of 6
stone
Regular Contributor

Could you explain the step in a litter more detail?

Call the number on the back of card.

Ask for CLI

If automatic system did not redirect you to the rep., it will be a soft pull. If not, repeat the step until I got automatic approv?

Thank you.

Have Discoer More for 4 statements with $1000 CL, thinking about CLI now.

Message 5 of 6
johnnie198x
Contributor

@stone wrote:

Could you explain the step in a litter more detail?

Call the number on the back of card.

Ask for CLI

If automatic system did not redirect you to the rep., it will be a soft pull. If not, repeat the step until I got automatic approv?

Thank you.

Have Discoer More for 4 statements with $1000 CL, thinking about CLI now.

I don't know if there are more details to that. That's exactly what you can and should do. If you're transferred to a rep, that means the system can't approve CLI for you using the soft pull. If you talk to a rep, he'll ask for a hard pull and manual review it.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.