Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More is gone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More is gone

If you go to discover.com and view all personal cards, it will show the Discover More and no it.

If you search for it and click for more info, it will show it as a separate tab, and no Discover More.

It simply depends on which link you clickthru to view the cards, they haven't removed either one.

Shows Discover More (regular view):

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/index.html?ICMPGN=STL_BEN_GETDC_TXT

Shows it, but no Discover More (new pages):

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/index-beyond.html#OtherCards

Message 11 of 21
Essence
Contributor

Since the two cards were so similar I wouldn't be surprised by this. I just hope we can keep our more cards and designs.
Message 12 of 21
dude11
Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin Larsen :-)
Message 13 of 21
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Looks like IT is really replacing more then.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CruzImperial wrote:

Looks like IT is really replacing more then.

The Discover more isn't going anywhere, confirmed with 3 different reps (2 chat and a phone).  The only reason people are seeing different things is because they are clicking through on two different links.

The regular website/view all personal cards doesn't show the it.  While clicking the view all cards on the Discover it page brings you to the cards with no Discover More.  It's simply two different landing pages, nothing more, nothing less.

Shows Discover More (regular view):

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/index.html?ICMPGN=STL_BEN_GETDC_TXT

Shows it, but no Discover More (new pages):

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/index-beyond.html#OtherCards

Message 15 of 21
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Discover more isn't going anywhere, confirmed with 3 different reps (2 chat and a phone).  The only reason people are seeing different things is because they are clicking through on two different links.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the IT would eventually replace the More since there´s a new page not showing the More card. I am assuming here the IT would be harder to get than the More? Since it´s a card with no fee whatsoever (except 2 lates), it would make sense.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CruzImperial wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the IT would eventually replace the More since there´s a new page not showing the More card. I am assuming here the IT would be harder to get than the More? Since it´s a card with no fee whatsoever (except 2 lates), it would make sense.

Yes, it appears the Discover it may have stricter underwriting requirements than the More, how much more so, however, is somewhat hard to say.

One of the small changes I noticed between the apps is that the More app allows you to put "I am currently enrolled in college" as an option for the highest level of education, while the it app only has high school, graduate, bachelors, etc.

Like you said though, with the late forgiveness and APR, etc., it most likely harder to get than the More.

Message 17 of 21
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

When i went to the Discover site, it took me directly to the log in page.  i did not log on...just clicked on 'All products and services => Compare All Cards'.  It took me directly to the Discover IT link...and the Discover More is nowhere to be found on it.

I wonder if 'IT' only shows up for users who are already 'More' cardholders and have the discover site in their computer cache memory.  I can't think of any other reason why some people are automatically directed to the Discover More site and others the Discover It site.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 18 of 21
dude11
Regular Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

When i went to the Discover site, it took me directly to the log in page.  i did not log on...just clicked on 'All products and services => Compare All Cards'.  It took me directly to the Discover IT link...and the Discover More is nowhere to be found on it.

I wonder if 'IT' only shows up for users who are already 'More' cardholders and have the discover site in their computer cache memory.  I can't think of any other reason why some people are automatically directed to the Discover More site and others the Discover It site.

Not me. Still can't figure out how or why some people get the IT card and others don't. Maybe if you have been to the IT card site or section and it is cached that could be why you get it everytime? My browser is set to clear everything upon exiting the window and I always get Discover More to show up for me when viewing all cards.

I tried another browser on same PC with ALL history cleared and still no IT. Unless I manually search for it.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm the discover more is gone for me as well. I now believe that the discover it will replace the more card.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.