Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - converting AU to Joint Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover - converting AU to Joint Account

I thought I saw this posted but cannot find it.

I heard that Discover will convert an Auth User to a joint user on the account without a hard pull.   Can this be confirmed?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover - converting AU to Joint Account

A poster stated this several weeks ago--that she had just switched to joint, and there was no pull. I called Discover and they confirmed. They do not run the credit of the AU-becoming-joint. They figure that if the primary cardholder is willing to take the risk, it's OK with them. (Presumably because they can always come after that first person instead.)

I would call and ask them to be sure. When I first called several months ago, my CSR didn't even think that they had joint status.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover - converting AU to Joint Account

just found the other thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=17789

hth
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.