cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do SOFT Pulls reflect negatively at all on credit?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Do SOFT Pulls reflect negatively at all on credit?

I'm a member of CreditCheckTotal(owned by Experian) and thanks to that service I have monitored and nurtured my credit back to better health.However, I do check my credit once per day almost nearly every week.This means a soft pull against my credit.I do this to see what negative files(delinquints,Collections) have fallen off and to protect my self in case of fraud, as well as to guage my process.

Does these soft pulls harm my ability to get future credit?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do SOFT Pulls reflect negatively at all on credit?

No, not at all.  I don't even think lenders can see soft pulls.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get a new account for ATT and it said I needed a deposit because of thin file. Is that a soft or hard inq? I did one for VZW and SPRINT too...

Message 3 of 16
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

No, only you and the bureaus see the soft pull.  FICO doesn't "see" it either.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 4 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, not at all.  I don't even think lenders can see soft pulls.

+1.   This is the soft pull verbiage directly from my EQ report:  

Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating

These inquires include requests from employers, companies making promotional offers and your own requests to check your credit.

These inquiries are only viewable by you.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to get a new account for ATT and it said I needed a deposit because of thin file. Is that a soft or hard inq? I did one for VZW and SPRINT too...

You'll have to check your reports to know for certain but most phone providers are known to do a hard pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

From what i know, It is a HP. You can delete it though if you dont have service with them.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already used my 1 credit report for the year.

How do I go on about deleting it?

Message 8 of 16
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Im on android, otherwise i'd give you the direct link
Go get your credit reports as if someone had denied you credit. when asked for the company name just input att/verizon. Its free.
see who pulled your report and:

1) make an online dispute with the cra.

2) file a complaint with the BBB against them because they had HP'd you without your consent/knowledge.
Be sure to include the business names and adresses as they appear on your report.

3) send a letter directly to the company acussing them of such dishonest behavior.

I did those steps with comcast and:

1) the cra sent me an online resolution of the dispute(i needed to contact comcast directly)

2) the BBB told me they had contacted comcast regarding my complaint and to please allow them 60 days i think to solve the matter

3) 2 weeks later comcast sent me a letter apologizing for the misunderstanding and how maybe i was not aware a check on my credit report was needed. They had contacted the cra to delete the inquiry off my report and make it a SP instead to resolve the issue and to please allow the cra to update the information.

The comcast inquiry on 12/01/2011 was gone is less than a month. Stayed as a SP though Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I let ATT and Verizon know I filed a BBB complaint or just send the letter?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.